Thursday, July 18, 2013

First camping trip

Dolly, Fergie (our small poodle) and I went a short 16 miles to Comlara Park campground in McLean County for our first shakedown trip. 
Dolly and Fergie


Our 2003 Holiday Rambler Classic is new to us and our first RV. 


The park is located on Evergreen Lake. 

Thistle flower
Spent two of the hottest days of the year at the campground.  Fortunately, my goal for this adventure was to learn how to:
  • connect water
  • connect electricity
  • turn on hot water heater
  • connect to local tv channels
  • connect to Dish HD with my tailgater
  • create a WIFI hotspot with my smartphone
  • boost my cell signal using my new Wilson Sleek 4 cradle
  • and dump tanks
Luckily most of this was indoor related so I did not have to be out in the stifling heat.



My goal was met and I learned a lot!  I am sure Dolly and I will learn and have many great experiences as we travel in Miss Adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment