Saturday, September 14, 2013

Millstone Bluff

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I cannot believe it has been 12 years since the disaster in NYC.  I hope time has helped those affected. 

 

This morning it was another hot and muggy one.  Dolly and Fergie decided to stay in the AC while I ventured several miles up the road to the Millstone Bluff Archaeological Area.  1500 years ago a clan of Indians lived on a bluff in this area.  

 image

It is about a half mile walk through the area.  It took a lot of imagination to see what the signs were trying to point out.  I could see a shallow grave at the cemetery. 

There were depressions in the ground where the homes were located and a large clearing where the council lodge was located and a large depression where the council lodge was located.

20130911_120711

After leaving, I headed toward the Marina, but took a side road to see the origin of the “Trail of Tears”.  Kept going thinking I would come out near the Ohio River but no such luck.  After wandering around on the back roads for an hour I finally had to stop and ask a guy mowing his lawn how to get to Golconda.  I was over 20 miles away and still not close to finding it.  With his directions I was able to get to the Marina.

 

Spent several hours with Doug, Carrie and her mom, Jean.  Had a nice visit.  We are heading out in the morning so wanted to spend time with them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment