Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cold and Doctor Visit

Tuesday, December, 10, 2013

1-DSC02704

I think winter wants to come early because I have plans to go South for the winter.  We are not even out of Fall and we have had the coldest weather we had all of last winter.  I am hoping to get a few days above freezing over the next two weeks so I can pack the outside compartments without freezing.

We should receive the new furnace circuit board by this weekend and if the weather does get to the low 30’s Friday and Saturday, Evan will put it in and we will test.  I also received the propane Mr. Heater today and need to test that to see if it will warm the motorhome in a fairly quick manner.  I know it won’t help too much with 18 degree temperature.  I am hoping for only lows in the high 30s and low 40s once we get to south Texas.  We will see.  Only time I will need the propane will be when we spend nights in parking lots with no electricity, otherwise, we will just use space heaters at RV parks.

As I mentioned last week, several months ago I was surprised to find the small lumps I had in my groin area are hernias.  I scheduled a doctor appointment to have them looked at and make a decision of when to have surgery to fix.  Well, today was that day.  I wasn’t sure it the doctor would recommend I delay my trip and have surgery immediately or whether I could wait till later.  The doctor said that the hernias would not “get well” and some point I would need surgery to repair the tears, but he said that it did not need to be done immediately.  He said I should go on my trip, hike, bike ride and go 4 wheeling and then take care of the problem when I got back.

Now it is clear sailing for the end of the year!  Getting a little nervous.  There are a lot of new challenges out there to replace the ones that I have just staying home.  I am excited to get the show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment