Friday, January 17, 2014

4 Wheeling

Friday, January 17, 2014

Slept in really late this morning; till 8 am.  This quiet and solitude has that affect on us.  Ate breakfast and watched a little TV.  The batteries are doing great!  Still at 12.6 volts this morning after several hours of computer work and TV watching last night.  12.6 is full in my book.

This morning I took off in the jeep to find me some 4 wheeling roads so I can put this thing in 4 wheel drive for the first time.  There are plenty of roads once you get off the hardtop and head out. 
Note:  Be sure to place your mouse over the pics for captions. 
Gettin ready to 4 wheel! Lots of roads down there!
Beautiful Country! Where am I?
Headin' up there! Pretty ou here!
Later in the afternoon, I climbed Evil Eye Mountain.  So many beautiful pictures, I will wait till tomorrow to post those so as not to cause you sensory overload.
Evil Eye Mountain!
See you later.

2 comments:

  1. One thing to keep in mind is your tow gear set-up on the front of your Jeep if you get into any steep little gulley washes. At the angle you could be nosed down at some times & the narrowness of the wash your going through your tow gear could dig in or get bent on some rocks. Our set up is different than yours but we always take our tow bar off before heading out to do some 4 wheeling. A bent piece of tow equipment could be bad news. Glad to see you out there having a good time exploring the back country.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. But I couldn't figure out a way to "mouse over" on my Nexus 7 tablet. Came here from Travel with the Bayfield Bunch. A Jeep in the desert sound like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete