Sunday, January 19, 2014

Football Playoffs and Quartzsite

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunrise
Sunday sunrise.
 

Started the day slow as usual.  Dolly is preparing to watch football today and I am going into “Q” to see the “big tent”.  In preparation, last evening before dark, I started the generator to charge the batteries even though I was only at 75%.  Glad I did, because it takes about an hour and fifteen minutes per 10%.  Got to 93% last evening before shutting generator down and did the rest this morning late.  Now Dolly is good to go for 7 hours of football today with no problems while I am in “Q”.

Took a little walk late the morning:

Motorhome looking toward the northeast.
Motorhome looking toward the northeast.
Desert Daisies 
Desert daisies
Standing guard
Standing guard

Cholla cactus
Cholla cactus with babies
Gettin' kinda high 
This is Boondocking City on the west side of those mountains you see below.  We are boondocking just about a mile and a half after getting over the pass, the road goes through.  Lot different style of boondocking on the east side toward the town of Bouse.
 Boondock City
We are boondocking on the other side 
Dolly is all set up and starting to watch football, so I am out of here!
Ready for some football! 
Heading into town for my last visit.
1-100_1203
For of those of you that didn’t have a chance to get here this year, I have provided a few pictures so you can have your fix.

Parked way west and walked in.  Faster than driving.
Parked on west side and walked in.

Cars everywhere.
Cars everywhere! Hey, somebody has my cobra!
Big tent
Big tent
Big tent
Big tent

 

Wall to wall people
People everywhere.
Time for a rest!
Time for a siesta.

Sunday sunset
Sunday sunset.

See you later.

7 comments:

  1. The last time we were in the big tent we bought an aerial & firestick flag for the Jeep. Think that was maybe 3 years ago. Quite a place eh............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al, Dolly gave me no money, so I didn't buy a thing, which is good. Fun walking around seeing everything and people watching. Thank you for the blog plug. Nicely done. Hopefully, one day Dolly, Fergie and I won't be green horns at this. Heading to Slab City tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. We went through Q once - in March - pretty empty then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info and the photos on Q .... I am getting the picture although I have never experienced it in person .... The football games were great ....hope Dolly enjoyed them....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, SallyB. It is quite a show. Never seen so many RVs in my life. A little different than the Illinois RV scene. Dolly enjoyed her games and was happy for the winning teams. Our new battery system is working great. Watch TV all day without having to start generator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Donna K. It was like a county fair out there. I am glad I happened by this way during the big event. Once in a lifetime affair for me, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your desert pics are very pretty! We haven't done Q during the big tent time, will have to put it on our Bucket List.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete