Monday, January 6, 2014

Sedona, Arizona

Monday, January 6, 2014

Not exactly Sedona.  Evan sent this pic of my home in Bloomington, IL. snowhome1
Started out slow this morning.  Dolly made a very nice breakfast and we sat around drinking coffee while the sun rose over the mountains to the east and warmed Verde Valley.  It is going to get to a beautiful 60 this afternoon with no wind.

Around noon, we took the short drive into Cottonwood to the very nice Walmart and did our first shopping of the trip.  We finally have food in the house, so I think my McDs trips may become more infrequent in the future.  Thank goodness, I think I lost at least 10 pounds during the five day journey to get here and I sure don’t need to lose any more weight!

At 3:30, Dolly, Fergie and I jumped into the jeep and headed up Arizona 179 toward Sedona to take pictures of the beautiful scenery.  It was getting late, so only the mountains to the east were in sunshine, so we took pictures of those.1-100_0710    1-100_0708 1-100_0695   1-DSC02860 1-DSC02861
Tomorrow morning, we will get up early and take the same drive on highway 179 to Sedona and get the west side mountains as the sun is shining on them.  Will then do the tourist walk around the quaint and beautiful town of Sedona before returning to the park to enjoy the afternoon sun. Wish I was a better photographer but it is what it is. 

Enjoy the pictures and I will see you later.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Hope you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi. Each day just gets better as we learn to relax.

    ReplyDelete