Saturday, February 18, 2017

Rainy Day!

Saturday, February 18, 2017

My location:  Close to the South entrance to Joshua Tree NP

First time in four years, I stayed in the RV due to rain.  It rained last night with some winds, but not bad.  It started raining again early this morning and drizzled almost all day long.  Not pouring rain, just enough to make it miserable.  I hate to say this, but I’m a fair weather guy, so didn’t go anywhere today.

1-IMG_3900

Had breakfast, then went for a walk while it was just starting to drizzle again.  Thank goodness the ground is made up of mostly sand, so no mud, just sand was dragged into the RV.  Easy to sweep out.

The mountains completely disappeared in the clouds for awhile and then would peek out for awhile as the front blew over.

1-IMG_3901

1-IMG_39021-IMG_39041-IMG_39051-IMG_3908

My wife texted me to tell me that “Open Range” was getting ready to start on AMC.  So, I watched that and then afterward, Yuma and I laid on the bed resting and listening to the pitter patter of rain on the roof.  Kept hoping it would quit, but never did, so turned on the TV and watched garbage for awhile.

1-IMG_3909

1-IMG_3910

It became quite cool in the afternoon (51 degrees), so just called it a day.  Had a great Fried Chicken TV dinner and pulled out another pork chop from the freezer for tomorrow night’s dinner.

The rain has stopped this evening and I can see some blue skies.  I think tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day!  I can handle one day of bad weather.

1-IMG_3912

1-IMG_3914-001

I have high hopes anyway.

1-IMG_3897-002

See you later.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you were stuck inside, but loved the cloudy day pictures. You must have felt like the only person on earth, surrounded by the clouds. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dolly. It is different to look around and see only desert and no mountains. Like being in a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was miserable here, too, but my vegetables are loving the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet. Hopefully, it clears up. Need some sunshine. Looks like it is trying to.

      Delete
  4. One day of bad weather is ok to deal with once in a while, looks like some pretty nice weather coming our way now, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. Looking forward to sunny weather again.

      Delete
  5. An all day rainy drizzle here as well. I guess it's the occasional rainy day that makes us all really appreciate those warm sunny days. Sure love that sweet smell in the desert after a rain though,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I will appreciate the sun when it comes out today, that's for sure. Foggy here this morning, but slowly breaking up.

      Delete
  6. Blue skies are coming - photos look nice, just missing one key ingredient - there are none of famous BlogStar Yuma !! 🌵🌷🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Moonfly. Yuma doesn't like this weather so he stayed inside all day. He's worse than me. Hope to make up for it today.

      Delete