Sunday, February 26, 2017

Short Jeep Ride and Visitors

Sunday, February 26, 2017

My location:  Eight miles West of Bouse, Arizona just off Plomosa Drive

Much warmer this morning, but more clouds than previous mornings.  Did catch the sun before the heavier clouds from the West covered the area. 

1-IMG_4510

This morning first thing, I decided to try the big generator one more time.  Pushed the button and it started right up.  I’ll be darn.  Then I noticed I had the RV engine running and did not have the converter plugged in.  I had unplugged it to run my inverter the other night and hadn’t plugged it back in yet.  Maybe, the converter  is drawing too much power when it first tries to start.  Just glad it started.  Now I can charge my five  AGM batteries today.  Was getting down to 12.2 volts.

We went on our morning walk and I got breakfast done and my blogs read.  It was still cloudy and cool and we had a little sprinkle, so we just relaxed indoors for awhile. 

1-IMG_4518

Ain’t he sweet!

1-IMG_4520

While reading my blogs, I happened to notice Barbara of Me and My Dog …and My RV was giving praises to a generator repairman in Quartzsite.   I need generator repair or maintenance, so I am going to give Bob Drummer of Drummer’s Generator a visit tomorrow morning.  Thanks Barbara!  Very timely.

About noon, the sun came out and we were ready to go somewhere.  After our long ride yesterday, Yuma didn’t want to go on a long one again today.

1-IMG_4524

Al, of Travel with the Bayfield Bunch had mentioned that Yellowbird Road out of Bouse might be interesting, so that’s where we went.  However, the road quickly turned into an ATV trail and got pretty rough.  Yuma wasn’t up for that.

We crossed this beautiful wash full of red rock.

1-IMG_45291-IMG_45321-IMG_4533

Looks like a cascading red rock waterfall.

1-IMG_4536-001

It was a beautiful drive.

1-IMG_45451-IMG_4546-001

Before we turned around we did find a mine.  This one went straight into the hillside about 30 feet.

1-IMG_4549  1-IMG_4551

Isn’t that Yuma something?

1-IMG_45591-IMG_4562

On our way back down, we could see Bouse off in the distance.  It is a pretty location.

1-IMG_4565

Came home and had a sandwich for lunch and rested in the nice warm sunlight.

1-IMG_4566

It was around 4:30 when Yuma started to bark.  A car was coming onto our site and being a good watchdog, Yuma lets me know when someone is coming.

It was Tom and Deb of Celebrating the Dance stopping by on their way to church in Quartzsite.  We follow each other’s blog and I met them just for a few minutes in Borrego Springs, the morning I was leaving.  They are staying at the Salome KOA Southeast of here, and are moving over this way tomorrow.  Hope to see them again later this week.  Maybe we can make it a longer visit.

Tried the generator again this evening, and by darn, it started again!  Now it is time to watch The Walking Dead.  My wife loves this show and got me hooked on it.  Recently started their Spring season.

See you later.

10 comments:

  1. Your and Yuma had a beautiful - and, thankfully, uneventful- ride through the countryside. Those red rocks in the wash really added a splash of color. So pretty and unexpected. Very pretty inside the mine. Yuma truly is a special companion. Enjoy The Dead! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. Good to have an uneventful day. Hate that mean guy on Dead.

      Delete
  2. Very cool place! Enjoy all the great pics. Seems like the weather is always beautiful. Take care Dad. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. Lots of great weather out here. Google messed up and you need to sign back in to get your name back on.

      Delete
  3. I'm surprised Yellowbird road was not driveable. Been over 5 years since we drove it and it was a well used road leading through a bunch of wide hard packed stone areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You described the beginning correctly, but it turned into an ATV trail and pretty rocky further along. Pretty but rugged so just wasn't up to the bumps. Certainly didn't want any drama either.

      Delete
  4. Glad we spotted your site and you and Yuma were home so we could have a short visit. It would be nice to sit down and talk a little longer. Hopefully we will see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I do like company and if you do park at the entrance of Plomosa Drive, I will be sure to stop by. Going in this afternoon for a short time to have the generator looked at.

      Delete
    2. Coming from your way we will be on the right. The first road after the signs saying this a 14 day camping area. There is a purple rock on your right when you turn in. If you look off to the left you should see us. Stop by any time.

      Delete