Thursday, January 30, 2020

Cleaning and more cleaning

Location:  Dome Rock Road outside Quartzsite, Arizona

Woke up around 6:30 this morning and not able to sleep. 
Looking to the Southwest this morning.
However, I did manage to read and make comments until about 8 o'clock and then Yuma and I took a walk while the coffee brewed.  Here's the MH with the Dome Rock Mountains to the North.

This is going to be a short post.  All I did was clean the MH today.  I did the shower, the hall floor, cleaned the two window frames in the bedroom and finally the entry door.  It was filthy.  Didn't do the steps because they will just get dirty again.

Around 4 o'clock, Yuma and I ran into Quartzsite to hunt for latches to replace the ones in four cabinet doors that had broken over the years.  I had just been using rubber bands, but don't think that will fly with the new owners.  Found them and until dinner time I worked at getting those in place.  Success!  I now have every cabinet door latching properly. :)) 

I drove by RV LifeStyles on my way into town and the White Lion was not in its parking spot.  Yeah!  That means it is in the shop going through its post delivery inspection.  Soon Kenny will be giving me a call.  I hope anyway.

Already had stew and a salad for dinner, so soon I'll be going to bed.  I've done a lot today and feel I'm close to the finish line.  

I think tomorrow I will call the local La Mesa RV sales place here in town and make an appointment for them to take a look at it and give me an estimate for a cash sale to them.  I can always turn it down if it is too low.  But it would be nice to be done with everything and on my way with owning only one MH.


Stay tuned.  See you later.

17 comments:

  1. A little cleaning is good for the soul. Beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sunset to your day! Is it the effort or the anticipation that has you worn down today? We're looking forward to the White Lion too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. It was the hard labor that makes me tired today. Still thinking it will be at least Monday before they're done.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are coming down the home stretch now.! I didn't realize Miss Adventure had a slide. She looks nice. I'm sure things will continue to go smoothly - you & Yuma will be traveling again soon. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are Moonfly. Miss Adventure has two slides. Living room and bedroom. Still too small. I've been trying figure out where to go on my first trip. Got several options in mind.

      Delete
  4. How exciting! I can't wait to see more pics of the new rig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to look past the cleaning and on to the new MH too. Wonder where to go first.

      Delete
  5. Good for you! I'm sure it will look wonderful for presentation to the new owners. Good luck with La Mesa.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. It certainly will look better. It will look presentable to the shop when they really clean it up for sale. Couldn't take it to them dirty. :))

      Delete
  6. Can't wait for your next update, Doug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl Ann. I'm starting to get a little excited myself. Hope my next update isn't just more cleaning.:))

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Gotta love the sunrises and sunsets! Every time we've sold a house is when things get fixed correctly when we've been living with a "temporary" fix for years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Amazing how it is in our nature to make do. Then you fix it when you sell. I'm not going to do that with the White Lion.:))

      Delete
  8. We are the same. Things get fixed when we move. Looking forward to your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exciting Doug! As you say you are almost at the finish line. Hope things work out with your plan for the old MH. We're looking forward to hearing all about the new rig.
    It was so nice to see you at the recent happy hour get togethers. Hope we cross paths again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There seems to be two types of cleaning. The excited cleaning of a new rig and the not so excited cleaning of an old rig when selling it.

    ReplyDelete