Monday, January 20, 2020

Cloudy day in Southern California

Location:  Truckhaven BLM near Salton City, California

This morning I woke up with the sun and it was shining bright orange and red barely making it through the cloud cover.  I zoomed the camera in across the Salton Sea from my clean bedroom window and this is what I saw.

Yuma and I took a walk and it was fairly warm with no sun and then had our breakfast.  They even called for rain sometime today.  Not a good forecast.

Yesterday, Deb, Riley and I had made tentative plans to drive up to the Box Canyon area outside Mecca and walk through a slot canyon.  With possible rain, we decided that would not be the best idea, so we nixed the plan and decided to make it a day of rest.

As the day wore on without sun, I found it to be depressing.  Can't believe just one day without the sun would have that affect but it has.  Yuma and I just sat around and moped all day.
Salton Sea with the Chocolate Mountains in the background.
Most of the desert runners have packed up already and moved out by afternoon leaving the two of us in the middle of nowhere.

Even Yuma was looking for the excitement and noise, but none was to be found.   Those fair weather scoundrels.
As the day wore on it felt cooler out and the sun never did make an appearance.  Thankfully, the remainder of the week will be fabulous!  I slowly packed things around the MH in preparation for tomorrow's short travel day.  I was looking at Google Maps and I think I've found a place I've never stayed before so I'm excited to head out.

See you later.

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunrise - from your clean window. Hope your new site isn't as rough as this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. It was the prettiest part of the day. Shouldn't be as rough. Hopefully right on a river.:))

      Delete
  2. "Red sky in the morning ...", at last it makes for a beautiful sunrise! Looking forward to pics your new camp site and another slot canyon ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shoulda known, but every day is sunny. I thought! Tomorrow we're back to normal :))

      Delete
  3. Wonderful sunrise photo Doug. You and Yuma should have popped over for a visit this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. The day just slipped by. I'll stop over in the morning.

      Delete
  4. Yep, I sure know what you mean about those cloudy days alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you Al. Sure does brighten one's day with sunshine in their face.

      Delete
  5. It's amazing the sunrises are just as magnificent as the sunsets! It was cloudy here all day too. Rain expected this morning, then back to sun. Be sure and park in a flood-free zone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha. It rained here just awhile ago. Not much and now the moon is back.

      Delete
  6. Hopefully the sun will be out soon! Ken cleaned our windows yesterday as they were horrible LOL..much better now! Beautiful sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. I was shocked how dirty my back window was. Waiting for sun now. I may even wash the other windows but maybe not.:))

      Delete
  7. Yep, you are spoiled with all that Sunshine.! Just google it - according to Guinness, Yuma Arizona is not only the sunniest place in the US - but also the sunniest place in the World.! 😎😎😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know why I love it here. Looking out my back window just now I see the light of the sunrise with clouds breaking up. An hour ago I took a picture of the moon sliver out the back window. I like my clean back window to the world. Have a great day Moonfly!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful sunrise picture. Yesterday was certainly not a perfect desert day! LOL at least it was semi-warm although not sitting out weather for me!
    Hang in there, the sun will return later today and tomorrow for sure!
    Our rain is just starting now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy. Wasn't a great day for sun worshippers. We had a little rain overnight here, but not much.

      Delete
  9. Waiting to see your new choice of a location.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sunrise. Yesterday it was cloudy here too but I like a cloudy day once in a while. On cloudy days you shop! So I took a trip to Kohl's. I'm looking forward to your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shop. Too bad I didn't have a shopping center nearby. Flying by the seat of my pants right now. In a new area.

      Delete