Monday, August 8, 2022

Finally, something is happening!

 


Been warm and quiet here in Bloomington, Illinois this summer.  Dolly and I have been staying in the AC and Nick went with a friend to Homer, Alaska for the summer.  He's working at a hotel there.

The White Lion has been spending the summer in Apache Junction, Arizona at a friend's property while I decided what to do next.  I knew I wouldn't be going out there before October, so wasn't in a hurry to spend a lot of money.

Today, I made a call to my friend Kay and said I was ready to do something.  She recommended Empire Power Systems in Phoenix, so she contacted them and they called me.  They plan to drive to Kay's place and check it out on Friday, August 19th.  I should know if it is worth fixing or if I should cut my losses and sell it as is.

Let you know in a couple of weeks.

15 comments:

  1. Good to have a post from you! We drove the Kansas/Missouri/Indiana/Illinois last week. Those states have the worst diesel selections! At least along the interstates. ARG!
    We go into the shop tomorrow, I hope there is some good news forth coming on the White Lion! We plan on attending Borrego Days this October ... hope to see you there!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see your post. :) I hope you can continue your journey with the White Lion. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully it can be fixed, I’ll sure miss your posts this winter if not.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad for an update. I hope the White Lion can be fixed. Best wishes for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you Doug. Good look with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure have enjoyed your posts the past couple of years and I was wondering what the news was regarding the White Lion. Sounds like a smart plan, and let's hope for the best. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nick is going to fall in love with that place! Surrounded by mountains and water and commercial fisherman, tourist...someone is going to have to remind Nick that on December 21st, the sun won't shine...he won't see those mountains, or the water...just cold blackness! (Just in case he says, "I am not coming home...."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping it is worth your while to get the WL back on the road. It might be worth investing in a rebuilt engine.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good for Nick! Hoping for a not too expensive fix for the WL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just remember, there are many different ways to live the snowbird life. Don't count the southwest out if the White Lion can't be part of the ongoing plans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will be interesting to see what the verdict is after all the other opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh .... glad you are making headway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you are doing the right thing. Empire is an excellent choice, they are the Cat dealer for all of Arizona and some parts of California. I suspect they won't be cheap, but you know the work will be done right, with genuine parts and as quickly as possible. Their main operation is in Mesa, so maybe if he needs a part, it can come from Mesa and not Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just an update . We had to postpone the engine inspection last Friday. It is now scheduled for this coming Monday, the 29th.

    ReplyDelete