Wednesday, August 31, 2022

The White Lion Lives!

 I was walking Yuma around 10:30 this morning and received a phone call from Kay.  She heard a big engine start and went outside to see Jason and a running MH.  The White Lion roars once more.  BUT 😰

There is lots of smoke coming from the breather pipe.  The first thing Jason recommended was to let it run for awhile and see if it is just junk from sitting for months after many attempts at trying to start it.  The other cause would be oil bypassing the rings and this would not be feasible to fix.

Kay is a real sweetheart.  She is planning to be out of town for a week, but when she returns, she will take it on a hilly drive in the area to see if the smoke clears under stress.  Hopefully , it cleans the engine out and anything stuck comes free.


Enjoying the summer!

It is wait time for now, but fortunately, I'm not planning to head out till late October.  Just need to remain patient.

See you later.

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think so too. Getting the WL running was the first big step.

      Delete
  2. Kind of a 'good news 'bad news' scenario that could end up being all 'good news'. Hope it all works out for you Doug and good luck with that needing to be patient thing. I think you and I are a lot alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, Al. Just got to continue to keep my fingers crossed, but I feel pretty good. Being patient isn't one of my strong suits. All I know right now is that going back to the southwest is much more possible at this moment.

      Delete
  3. Keeping fingers crossed that all will work out. Sounds reasonable about it sitting around and what the previous mechanic did to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diesel engines that sit tend to smoke for a bit until you work it a bit, the harder the better seems to seal the rings back up. I've seen this on old dozers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The White Lion certainly sounds ready to roar again! Hope to see you enjoying your winter in the southwest again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. Every year I think it's the end, but maybe not this year.

      Delete
  6. Just remember what I said last spring, there are many ways to come out and enjoy this life. Don't give up if one doesn't exactly go according to plan. After this coming winter I plan (there's that word...) to move to a park in Q for the following winters as I don't seem to be making progress towards a good boon docking setup, and I really like this current motor home. Keeping an open mind and looking at possibilities has gotten me this far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I'll be coming to your part of the country again, Paula but I wasn't sure. I really like my MH also and wasn't looking forward to selling it for scrape. I'll see you in November.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear some potential good news Doug! We've been travelling quite a bit this summer and not doing our usual blog reading. Nice to see some action on the White Lion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw this. Good to hear they got the White Lion "roaring"! Fingerscrossed once Kay takes it out for a ride the smoke clears and it is good to go. Tom and I are looking forward to seeing you and Yuma out un the desert 🏜 ! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If all goes well, Yuma and I plan to head out on the 27th of the month.

    ReplyDelete