Thursday, February 2, 2023

No White Lion Road Test Today

 Up around 8:30 again this morning.  It was a beautiful morning for just lying on the lounge chair and having my coffee.  Soon, I saw Tom outside and went over to his place and not long after that, both Debs came out and we sat around till near 11:30.  I had to leave to finish the White Lion and hopefully, road test it today.  My little buddy stopped by for a sip this morning too.

I finished the routing of the exhaust hose and when I double checked, I saw that it was too close to the balancer and fan, so to be sure nothing got caught in any moving parts, I pulled it out and re-routed it beneath the oil pan.  Still high enough not to hit anything on the ground.

I thought I was ready to test drive, so I pulled everything from the WL and pulled in the slide and got everything secure and ready to go.  Thought, I better check the oil before starting it, and I'll be darn, it was very low on oil.  I guess the trip from Borrego Springs had used a lot of oil.

So, at 2:30, I headed into Yuma to buy lots of oil and oil additive.  Don't want to run low on my next long trip.  A couple hours later, when I got home and put 3 quarts of oil in it and 2 quarts of additive, I tried starting it and it did start.  That's a good sign, but it is too late in the day to go for a test drive, so maybe tomorrow.

We had our Happy Hour with just Tom and Deb and me and Deb.  Riley is having some sinus problems and decided to stay inside.

As the sun went down, we all headed home.  The high today was 68 with very little wind and lots of sun.  Perfect day.  Our military friends were quite busy today, guarding our skies.

Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you three....WL included.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The White Lion may not have moved but the good news is it started. It was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, the test run will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The military has been VERY busy. I can't believe how many low flyovers there were in Yuma. Hoping for a nice warm wind free sunny day for you. Good thing you checked the oil. That stuff is kind of important I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a number of helicopters flying by lately. Sure glad I checked that oil. Wouldn't have been good.

      Delete
  5. Glad you checked the oil level. With no indication of a leak, it sounds like your sons theory of a broken piston ring is right. That would also account for the smoke that you see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Bill. Hope it doesn't burn as quickly with the additive in it. We'll see soon.

      Delete
  6. The roar was a welcome sound. I didn’t see clouds of smoke so that’s good!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hoping things get better, but not betting on it. Just glad I've made it this far.

      Delete
  7. Trust Riley is feeling better today. Enjoy the test drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riley is much better today, thank you. Didn't have a chance, but will Saturday.

      Delete
  8. We just got here yesterday and my sinuses/allergies area already getting me. Feel for Riley! Hopefully the WL test drives well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Lots of dust lately with the wind. Not good for sinuses. See you two soon.

      Delete
  9. Glad the WL started and good luck with the test drive. It was a gorgeous day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the warmer days, finally. I'm hoping to give it a test drive on Saturday. Hopefully, all goes well.

      Delete