I was very tired last night and got a good nights' sleep. I guess the mental stress just wore me down. Yuma wanted up again before 7:30, so we were out in the beautiful morning for our walk.
After breakfast, I knew I had decisions to make and things to get scheduled and quickly. No dawdling today!😊 I had made the decision last night to just wait till Mr. Salvage calls in the morning and take his offer and have everything be over with.
I do know I have to get a hitch on the Jeep fast and and reserve a U-Haul trailer immediately. After several calls to Phoenix U-Haul facilities and getting the feedback that they could have a hitch in for my Jeep by the first of April, I finally called Tucson. Sure nice to be midway between two big cities.😁
This very nice young man sincerely wanted to help. He went through his computer and found a facility 43 miles from me on the western outskirts of Tucson that had the hitch I required and they also had the trailer size I needed to reserve. Got both things done and I am scheduled for Saturday at 7 o'clock. Check that major step off my list.💥
I had given my phone number in my comment response to Middle Class American (MCA) and was promptly contacted by phone. So thankful for the great group of RV lovers I have around me. We talked and finally started to change my mind to just practically give the White Lion to Mr. Salvage. Sometimes, I am hard headed.😠
As I read comments to my dilemma, no one was telling me what to do, but it was coming through fairly clearly that I should slow down and move the RV somewhere for storage and get another opinion on the White Lion's problems before just taking the easy way out.
Around noon with no call from Mr. Salvage, we all headed over to Arizona City to the car wash. I refuse to drive four days in that very, very dirty Jeep.😉
Went in and let Steve know, so he can get me towed out of the yard so the tow truck can hook up to the White Lion. Also paid the Midway Diesel bill: $2464.12 😱 Another step done.💥
I've got everything set in motion finally, so now I can relax and watch the Sweet Sixteen this evening. Go Gonzaga!
I cannot say enough of the support from family and my RV family during this time. Thank you so much!😍
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm so glad you're able to get things lined up. It's so wonderful of MCA to let the WL have a home away from home for the time being. Good luck on the next phase.ReplyDelete
Thanks Dolly. MCA's offer is a big reason I have reversed course.Delete
WL will have a fine home here as long as needed. Glad to be of help. Can't wait to see Yuma again too.Delete
So sorry you had this happened but glad you have people to help you. Hopefully the WL can be saved. Thank goodness for the kindness of someone to step up and help you. I hope it all works out for you and the WL.ReplyDelete
Thank you Becky. Lots of family and friends are pulling me through. Sure all will end as it should.Delete
I'm glad to hear you are slowing down a bit and taking more time to think it through first. E think of you daily and wish we could be of more help to you.ReplyDelete
Hang in there.
Thank you Patsy. Just being here for me is a great help.Delete
Doug, glad you are stepping back and looking at your options. Having someone else look at the engine to see if it can be repaired/ rebuilt and at what cost is a good idea. Only you can decide what way to go, lots of questions to ask yourself, how much to spend, am I still going to do this every winter, can I get enough for the WL to replace it with another one or something smaller. Hoping the best for you, keep talking to family and RV friends to bounce ideas off of them.ReplyDelete
Thanks Bill. I was hoping to show Nick only the good side of RVing, but instead he got a strong dose of both sides. What a ride these last few weeks. Thank you for your support.Delete
There must be more efficient Diesel outfits, perhaps even in the area, that will provide that much desired second opinion. perhaps Nick would be willing to be a sounding board for ideas over your next Chess Challenge.ReplyDelete
Hope it works out and you are back in the DSW next winter.
Thanks Jeff. I believe it is important to get the WL near Phoenix in case Mr. Salvage is the WL final fate. No more costly tow bills.Delete
If someone had an acre of land with water,sewer,electric.? The White Lion could be set up as a vacation home or a very unique AirB&B. People would love to rent it.! Wish I had some money - would get it all set up at Coyote Howls down by Ajo/Why, AZ. The rent there is only about $600 a Year. Of course, we all hope the engine can be rebuilt & you can keep traveling in the White Lion. But, you have a lot of options & more ideas will come along. Glad you have the Jeep & Nick & Yuma & lots of RV friends. Spring is coming - travel safe.ReplyDelete
I thought the same thing Cactus Flower. Thank you for your kind words. So far, rolling with the punches and I'm sure all will end as it should. Can't always plan everything and even plans go haywire but it is exciting😀 So good to hear from you again. I've missed your comments.Delete
As long as the Oil is pumping and the Engine did start up there is hope for the WL. Talk to other Diesel Shops in the surrounding area. The worst might be swapping the Engine but it sounds more like an Electrical Problem.ReplyDelete
It's about time.
Thanks for the optimism Rick. Hopefully, I will get a more definitive answer and just maybe, be able to drive it again but not holding my breath.Delete
I think your commenters have some good ideas and suggestions. All is not lost. Just changed a bit for now. If the problem had to happen it was better it happen near the end of your southwest travels rather than at the beginning of them. Sometimes trials and tribulations can bring out the best in a feller. And sometimes a feller needs that to happen.ReplyDelete
Following your adventures all these years has given me a solid perspective of the joys out here and to get hung up on the occasional bad day. You are right about the timing. I can handle it much better here at the end than I would have at the beginning.Delete
Sorry for your problems Doug, and also sorry that Arkansas did a number on #1 Gonzaga...but not too sorry since my two boys both graduated from the UofA and we have all been Razorback Fans since 1991 when I went to work for the Library in Pine Bluff Arkansas (and stayed till 2012, serving as Library Director for 20 years). It was a hard fought battle on both sides.ReplyDelete
Thanks Dave. Dolly is a native of Ft Smith but she loves to root for the little guy. Good game.Delete
We were glad to hear that you decided not to give up on the White Lion just yet. Lots of things to think about but at least now you will have the time to think it through.ReplyDelete
The jeep is looking good...:)
Thanks Deb. I'm glad I stepped back.Delete
Hang in there Doug. I'm just like you ... ready to throw up my hands in bad situations, but I'm glad you decided to go a little slower and make sure before you pull the plug. Sending you lots of hugs and good thoughts, along with prayers that the White Lion rises again!!ReplyDelete
Thank you Nancy. Maybe there's hope yet for the WL.Delete
I'm glad you decided to go with MCA's offer for now. There are good people everywhere :) Now the shop's bill! WOW! The jeep is looking awesome! Hoping you can get what you need in the U Haul's trailer! Thinking of you!ReplyDelete
You are making the right decision. The WL is still worth rescuing. I would like to know what the problem actually is. If there is no metal and it runs a bit on ether, I'm betting on a fuel problem. Just my uneducated guess. If it was an oil problem the engine would be seized and full of metal. Find a mechanic than knows something about engines to help you. There is a light at the end of this tunnel I'm sure. Wish I was there to help you out.ReplyDelete