Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Before the snow flies, we finished the roof on the motor home cover. We (kids and me) started this shanty project way back in July, but got slowed down because we didn’t have time where we could get at least three of us together at the same time. And we got lazy after putting up the beams and roof support. Just couldn’t put a cover over it.
I couldn’t decide whether to go with plain shingles or go spiffy with a metal roof. With all the time it took to get back to it, we decided to go with metal. It is lighter and easier to put up – and it looks better, I think. You really can’t see the top since it is 15 feet up there.
Evan ordered a 30 amp commercial electrical box awhile back and he put that in too. He did a professional job and it works great. Now the motor home is plugged in to keep the batteries fully charged at all times.
The green thing below the box is a surge guard. It goes between the electrical receptacle and the motor home to protect the motor home from surges and also too little electricity voltage. It also displays the voltage and amperage being used.