Monday, November 30, 2020

Day 3 - Rest Stop West of Santa Rosa, New Mexico

Headed out early this morning at 8:15 heading for Amarillo,  Texas.  This morning it is beautiful.   No wind, no rain, no clouds.  Just the way I like it.


East Texas is rolling hills but looks flat.

Leaning tower still standing. 

Passed by Cadillac Ranch and there was a crowd of people, but didn't stop.

Yesterday, I almost froze thinking the dash heat didn't work.  I had tried most of the positions with no luck so today I tried VENT and boom, the heat came out.  Wished I had done that yesterday.  Oh well, yesterday was a wash anyway.

Made good time with two stops for diesel and several stops for Yuma to stretch his legs.   I was soon into New Mexico.

My cruise control went on the fritz so it's the old foot control now.  Bummer!  It wouldn't hold the gear when it dropped down on hills.  And there were a lot hills till West Texas.  

Finally arrived at my rest area destination at 3:45 Central time; 2:45 Mountain time.  Drove 387 miles again today and it took me 7 hours fifteen minutes.


See you later.

18 comments:

  1. Wow! A long drive for you today! I'm glad you were able to figure out your heat situation. It should be a more comfortable ride now. Its a pretty rest stop you're in tonight. Have a safe trip tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. Nice and quiet there. Hopefully I'll only need the heat a few more days. :))

      Delete
  2. Doug, you are making good time! It won't be long before your in Arizona! Should be better now that you have heat. Safe travels, Rawn Stone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am moving right along. It won't be long now.

      Delete
  3. Those New Mexico rest areas with the little casitas always look inviting but we never pass them at the right time of the day. You are definitely moving right along. Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm not having any major problems thank goodness. I'm glad I found such a nice rest stop.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, I don't think I know anyone who drove all the way across Texas in one day. Hopefully you can slow down soon and rest up, maybe check online about the cruise control. Hoping it's something easy to fix. As to the dash air, mine never puts out much heat anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just across the panhandle. :)) Good idea about googling for help. I'll do that when I'm settled. I'm happy with the dash heat. Better than no heat.

      Delete
  5. Ah New Mexico! We love that state too. You are making crazy good time! Sad about the cruise control, we use ours ALL the time with the fiver and without. I also use it in Ptooties 9/10 trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am zooming along. Not very patient when I have somewhere to go. I miss the cruise control and will look into it when I'm settled.

      Delete
  6. Great pictures Doug. You are making good time and soon you'll be where you want to be! Too bad about cruise control, we sure love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Hard taking pictures one handed while driving. Not very steady. Moving along great. :))

      Delete
  7. Maybe checking out some points of interest as you travel west might be a nice distraction as well as a surprise as to what you might be missing.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the warmth.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good thought but I can't seem to get that relaxed when traveling. I know there is aot to see in the midwest.

      Delete
  8. Glad you figured out the dash heat, hope the cruise control is an easy fix too. Continued safe travels and good weather, you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jeff. I'll take Nancy's advice and Google for help on the cruse control. Glad for the nice weather.

      Delete
  9. No wind....yay! Praying that you have great weather from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to have no wind. West Texas and New Mexico can have some tough winds.

      Delete