Saturday, October 28, 2023

Plans for this Winter - 2024

 I can't believe another winter is just around the corner.  Because I will not be heading west as early this year, I want to post my tentative plans for those of you that may curious.

Yuma says "hi!"

Before I get to my plans, I want to show you some pictures of our trip to Indianapolis.  Dolly and I went with Kristi, Steve and Nick to the Monumental Indianapolis Marathon.  This is Steve's 16th consecutive year in this event.  He has been going since the first year of this event.  The race officials notified Steve that he is now one of five remaining runners that have attended every event.

Kristi, Steve and Nick

Kristi is running the 5K and Steve and Nick are running the marathon.  This is Nick's first marathon.

Heading to the Start line.

We had rain up till we left the hotel, but the day is looking to be a nice one with light winds and temps in the low 50s.  Great running weather.

Kristi ready to go.

Steve coming to the finish line.


They all did great!

Happy to be finished.

We stopped at my oldest son's house, Ben on our way home and visited with him and his family for several hours before coming home.  Forgot to get any pictures.

As for my winter plans, I the will be heading out just after the New Year with the Jeep and Yuma.  When I get to where the White Lion is parked in Apache Junction, I will give the CAT shop a call that got it running last year.   I will buy a replacement fuel filter and see if I can get it to start.  Otherwise, I will have a mechanic come out and do it.

Once running, I will head to Quartzite and visit those that are there I know and stick around for a month or two.  After that, I hope I can drive it home.

Well, that's the plan.  Hope to see everyone while I'm there as it will most likely be my last trip west.  But, you never know.

See you later.







13 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the runners! Steve should be very proud of his long attendance record, that is quite a feat. Nice that you all had a chance to visit with Ben as well.
    Good luck with the winter travel plans, we hope they work out and look forward to catching up with you and Yuma.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 3 runners did great. Running is not something everyone can do well.
    Our fingers crossed for things to work out for the winter. We'd love to see you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it starts, looking forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Doug for letting us know your plans! I’ve been thinking about you guys! Congratulations to all your kids! That’s awesome! Mark has also been doing half marathons! Maybe sometime they will run into one another! Tell Dolly I said Hi!!
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for all the marathon runners.
    Fingers crossed the White Lion cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to read this and know you are well and returning again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you'll be coming back out west. Best time of year for running. They all did good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look forward to reading about your adventures again, hopefully all goes smoothly with the white lion.
    Cheers Doug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your travel plans come together Doug and you can spend a few trouble free months in the Motorhome in the Great American Southwest. I am so homesick for the mountains and deserts that it brings a tear to my eye. Thanks for the update and I'll be keeping an eye out for ya when you hit the road.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi to Yuma. Tom and I hope things all work out with the White Lion and we see you two in January. Say hello to Dolly for us.
    Great job runners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope our trails cross this winter.

    ReplyDelete