Sunday, September 15, 2013

Heading Home

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Got up this morning to a beautiful and cool morning.  Today is the day we head for home.  Ate breakfast and stopped by the dump station to do our business there.  We were on the road by noon.

Made good time.  Stopped at the Rend Lake rest area for a break one hour into the trip and got gas later at Effingham.  Made it home around 3:30 p.m. 

The cats didn't seem to excited to see us at first, but soon they were meowing and hanging around us just like we were never gone.

I brought in the TV from our MH and plugged it in and connected it to the coax cable in the kitchen and turned it on.  I was surprised to find that the local channels were not there.  I figured that the guide was still set up for Paducah, KY and was messing things up.

To make a long story short, I called DISH to have them reset the zip code for local channels.  I was really surprised how quickly they answered and got me setup.  While on the phone I asked the lady why my receivers in the house had the wrong channels.  She told me that my entire account is switched, not just my Tailgater.  That may be a bummer if I go on a trip alone and Dolly and Fergie stay home.  I won’t have local channels.  Will have to discuss alternatives with DISH if this ever happens.

This ends our Southern Illinois trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment