Sunday, October 30, 2022

Day 4 - Unpacking Day

 Slept pretty good but I think I was too tired to get a good night's sleep.  Woke up around 7 o'clock this morning and had a little cereal and a tangerine.  Didn't have dinner last night so I'm a little hungry for meat, beans and potatoes.

Still felt very tired most of the day.  Had to have the trailer unpacked and back to them by 4:30.  Worked a little bit and rested a little bit.  Finally around noon I had everything out of the trailer and took the trailer to the drop-off place.  Glad to be done with that.  They give you six days to load, travel across the country and unload.  Not a whole lot of time to dally.

When I got back to the White Lion, I thought I better start it.  If it doesn't start I'm in a pickle.  Took several tries, but finally kicked over and started to idle.  Sounds okay, but there is a little smoke coming from the engine bay.  Since it started, I went ahead and put most everything where it belongs in the underside bays, but still have mess on the inside.

By the time I found my camera battery charger and charged the the battery, most everything was done.

Towards 3 o'clock, I was dead tired and the 80 degree heat was wearing me down.  Decided to call it a day and start resting hard.  Yuma and I laid on the bed with the fan running until we cooled down and started feeling better.

It was 5 o'clock and Yuma and I decided to head into town and find a place with good food.  First place I found was Kentucky Fried Chicken and that sounded just great.  I got a 3 piece Big Box and we brought it home.  My was it delicious and very filling.  Saved the leg for tomorrow.  Just too much.  Yuma got lots of chicken pieces and he's happy too.

I'm hoping I feel well enough tomorrow to take the White Lion somewhere to dump tanks, take on water and buy some diesel.  Not looking forward to that bill.

It is almost 8 o'clock all ready, so Yuma and I are calling it a day.  Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was a relief when you got the U-haul unpacked taken back. Getting things unpacked and put away in the heat is very tiring, especially after a long trip. Glad the MH started up. Seeing if it moves will be the next big test! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. Slept well last night and resting today. Getting back to normal.

      Delete
  2. Good for you getting things unloaded and stored. Hope all goes well tomorrow. I’m sure you will sleep better tonight, less stress. Good luck.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Has been a hard few days, but resting today. Feel much better.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear it started. A short easy drive to see how she runs, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. Delayed my test drive till tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Whoot Whoot !!! The Lion roars!
    Enjoy your test drive!, at least you are buying diesel in Arizona and not California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. Wish prices would go down but probably not.

      Delete
  5. It takes a day or two to recover from such a long drive. Give yourself a break. Diesel should be cheaper there than anywhere else. That's a big relief that she started up. I think you're back in business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm resting all day today. Feeling much better now the unpacking is done.

      Delete
  6. Sure hope you're feeling better this am! Hoping the WL does well and you can get going on your new adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. I feel much better today. Not as young as I once was. I hope all goes well.

      Delete
  7. I wouldn’t fill her up until u r sure she is running right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing. Think I'll put 25 gallons in so i feel comfortable it won't run out.

      Delete