Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween!

 Yuma and I slept in this morning.  Felt good to have things under control even though it really isn’t.  As much as a Halloween morning can though!   HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE! 


 
First thing I did after breakfast this morning was to call Bill Darlington at Empire Southwest Diesel.   It was his shop that got the White Lion running earlier this year. 

Don’t know if everyone knows this, but there is smoke coming from the engine compartment when it should be coming from the exhaust.  This could mean bad engine troubles ahead if I don’t have it checked out and hopefully repaired.  It could mean big engine repairs and I would have to make some decisions.  The main thing is the uncertainty will be gone.  I don’t want to worry all winter long.  Piece of mind is worth a lot of money.  I have an appointment to take it by his shop Wednesday at 10 o’clock.  Glad to get it in so quickly. 

Kay has a lot of insurance things to take care of today, so we won’t be taking the White Lion out for a joy ride today.  Tomorrow morning is now the designated day.  Maybe the engine smoke will just blow away. J 

Yuma and I have been unpacking the inside and putting things away where they belong and just enjoying the leisure.  Certainly hope I’m not packing again anytime soon. 

My son, Jim gave me a 100ah lithium battery and I hooked it to my 600 watt inverter and use that during the night to maintain my residential refrigerator.  It works perfectly.  No more electrical problems at night or on cloudy days. 

No much going right now.  And it feels so good to have a down day.  I’m feeling much better and stronger today.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Hopefully the engine is just burning off some spilled oil from being worked on. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with above comment, hopefully it’s just a little spillage from the work already done. Fingers crossed. Glad to hear things are relaxed and you are getting rested. Happy Halloween.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Things always look better when you're rested and relaxed. Happy Halloween to you and Riley. Say Boo for me.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your off-day, you and Yuma have earned it! No worries tonight, lets see what tomorrow brings ... all good treats! No more tricks ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Jeff. It's only money and peace of mind will be worth it.

      Delete
  4. It's always good to have a day to relax and get things done at your own pace. Hopefully, tomorrow your ride will diminish the smoke. It will be good to get the WL into the shop and checked out. Keeping fingers crossed its not a major problem. Enjoy your KFC, Yuma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy dinner. Excited to get a prognosis one way or the other. Just want to know what I'm dealing with. Happy Halloween!

      Delete