Saturday, March 18, 2023

Short late afternoon drive up Apache Trail

 Been waking up at 6:30 lately, and that is okay.  Gives me time to relax and wait for it to warm up a little while I play my games.  This morning it was a little windy, but not bad.

We had our breakfast outside in the partly cloudy and breezy morning.  Going to be in the low 70s this afternoon.  Just perfect!  For the rest of the morning I did nothing but lay outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Late in the afternoon, I made a run to Walmart to get some dog food because Yuma just finished his last can today.  I also wanted to pick up a couple boxes of Stroopwafels but they did not have any.  I bought a substitute.  Have to see how those taste.

Then, Yuma and I decided to head up Apache Trail just a short way to see if we could find some things interesting to take pictures of.


Superstition Mountains is always prevalent and hard to miss.  Always beautiful!




We found a sign saying scenic view of Weaver Needle and drove up.  We're seeing it from the north side.

On the drive home I stopped to take a picture of Elvis Chapel.
Elvis Chapel
The best I could do for a sunset picture.
Time to fix dinner and rest awhile before bed.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Cool pictures. Elvis Chapel, eh. I would have never guessed. So many saguaros! Everything looks so alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dolly. Elvis was at the chapel in the 1969 movie Charro!

      Delete
  2. Do you recall which Elvis movie used the chapel? We did the museum whih includes the chapel, but I don't recall. Great pictures! Never knew it so green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go back and see the museum. In 1969, Elvis starred in Charro!. All this rain has made for beautiful scenery.

      Delete
  3. I am still unable to locate any of those waffles up here, Wa. Maybe available to just various locations? I'd try one if I could find them. Guess I'll just stick to Krustez (sp no work) and my waffle iron...Real Maple syrup for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're not getting all the crazy wind down our direction today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still in awe of the clarity and color from your Galaxy smartphone camera.

    ReplyDelete