Saturday, February 24, 2024

Day of Rest

 Today is going to be a beautiful day.  It's just too bad that I don't feel well enough to go out and enjoy it.  I did a little unpacking and trying to fit everything in a third less space.  I'm hoping to be very close by the end of tomorrow.  

I did just a little moving in today, but not much.  I slept in this morning as much as I could and after feeding the kids, I laid down and rested some more.  I did this all day.  For some reason, I feel tired all the time and I think it is because I overdid things this last couple of weeks.

You notice I said kids.  I have picked up a little nuisance while here. He's a Pomeranian.

Begging for morning snacks

He was found in the front yard.  They checked the neighborhood and then took him to the rescue center.  They found the owner, because he had a chip, but they didn't want him back.

They fostered him with the intent of buying him after a trial period.  That didn't work out, so I volunteered to adopt him.  If everything goes okay, I will have an addition to the family. Yuma will have some adjustments to make.

After my day's rest I do feel better.  Hopefully, better tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Love the new addition! That’s a lucky little dog!! Take care of yourself,Doug! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Teddy is so cute. I hope you can get out some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for you to take a short overnight shakedown trip and give us a report. It seems like the perfect answer to your needs, and one in which you can have total confidence. Maybe a trip back to Quartzite? Maybe even check out some solar panels. Phil P.S. I haven't heard you mention Ritz crackers and peanut butter in the morning. Do you still start the day with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you ask. I just started back eating them for snack at lunch time.

      Delete
  4. That's a cutesy little patootsy you got there Doug. Thanks for helping the little guy out,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good your getting some rest! That Teddy looks like he's going to be a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little addition to your family. Hopefully Yuma won't be jealous about sharing your attention.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the healing process.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to look that little guy up. Seems you have aquired quite the little pet. Enjoy.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teddy is a little sweetheart and Dolly will love him

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Dolly will love the little guy!
    Hopefully you feel better soon. Moving, stress and introducing new pets are exhausting. A couple of walks, more putzing, and some good food will no doubt help. Good luck.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better tomorrow. that little Teddy looks full of energy. Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete