Monday, February 12, 2024

I give up!

 

Four Peaks covered with snow

We have had days of cold and rainy weather keeping me indoors most of the time.  I just heard the weather in this area was below average for 7 straight days.  I can't believe so many days have gone by without an update.

Yuma and I have been doing well and I'm sure the Arizona folks are happy for all this rain.  Will make for a better summer.

Yesterday, Brian, a long-time friend of Clea's was here in Mesa on a job and was returning to North Dakota today.  He volunteered to drive Clea's belongings, so I was moving her belongings one last time to a Penski truck.  Clea will be driving there at the end of February.

Yuma checking things out

Final check

Took about 2 hours for the two of us to get it loaded and it was a very nice cool morning.

Today, now that the weather has finally cleared up and gotten warmer, I decided to start the White Lion and test drive it.  Things did not go well.  I could not get it started.  It would turn over but would not start.  I'll try again tomorrow, but not feeling hopeful.

I had an appointment to look at a 2003 class C 30 ft gas motorhome tonight but canceled.  I decided, I have boondocked enough in southern Arizona, so don't need another motorhome to sell before heading home this spring.

My plans now are to stay where I am and spend some time hiking around the Phoenix area.  There are lots of beautiful trails I have not hiked yet.

At the end of this month, I will place an Ad on a number of classifieds in the area.  Kay has experience and will help me out.  I will stay until it is sold.

I have changed my plans many times this winter and I'm not locked on this one, but it sounds good at the moment.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. A little patience and some warmer temperatures will help the WL start right up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy those hikes.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It will be warmer each day this week. Hope you're right.

      Delete
  2. You’ll think of something! Don’t give up on the WL ( or maybe WL2???). 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you think it's time for me to stop blowing your inheritance?

      Delete
  3. For some reason, you will only be able to post on the web version and not the mobile version. The link is at the bottom of the comments. I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Doug, If the WL days are really over consider a towable behind the TJ or a smaller unit to tow it ... or helping Dolly shovel the snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear from you once again! Sounds like you've got a plan, so enjoy while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are happy to hear from you. I have no doubt you will do what works for you!
    Good luck, stay warm.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Doug, sure miss your daily comments lately. Hope your not bored and will come back to the page soon with tales of the desert and WL. How is the old beast anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a good lead right now. Should be back in the desert soon.

      Delete