Sunday, March 20, 2016

Home in Bloomington, Illinois

Sunday, March 20, 2016

We left Olathe, Kansas around 9:15 this morning with cloudy skies, but no rain.  Went right past Kansas City.  Glad it was a Sunday morning.  Traffic was not bad at all.

Kansas City

We drove up I-35 and over the Missouri River till we hit hwy 36 at Cameron, Missouri. 

I-35 bridge over Missouri River

We drove through North Kansas City, where I went to high school.  Of course, after 50 years, the only thing I could remember were a few of the street names.  I doubt if I could find my old neighborhood.  Things have grown quite a bit.

Drove straight across Missouri on hwy 36, a four lane highway with no traffic until it connected to I-72 at the Ilinois border.  I must say that was a nice highway.  Beats going I-70 to I-55 by a long shot.

Storm clouds were brewing as we crossed into Missouri, but it never rained.

1-DSC02093

We connected with I-55 at Springfield, sixty miles south of Bloomington.  After seven hours of driving we are home.  It feels so good to be home in a large house and hot water. 

Springfield, Missouri

We left home on December 30, 2015 and returned home on March 20, 2016 for a total of 82 days.  We traveled 4,345 miles in the motorhome during that time and our total costs for the journey was $3,535.  That averages to $43.11 a day or $1,178.33 a month for three months.

I have enjoyed doing this blog and I hope I have brought some enjoyment to those that read my blog over the past three months.  I will not be doing a daily blog while at home.

See you later.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to read you are home safe and sound.
    Tomorrow we start heading East but it will be another five weeks before we turn into our driveway in Michigan.

    Celebrating the Dance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to take your time and see some of the many beautiful places in the Midwest. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of patience. When I'm ready, I just go home.
      Have a fun and save journey home.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you are all HOME safe and ready to enjoy the beautiful Spring ! Thank you for sharing your photos and tales of your travels - It was a FUN ride !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moonfly. I hope I'm up to it next winter. See you then.

      Delete
  3. Doug, I am glad you are home, but I'll miss your blogging! Take care.
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following our blog Cheryl Ann. We had a fun winter. Enjoy your retirement.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making g and to head back out here to AZ this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phone keyboard and spell check... should read making plans to head back out here?

      Delete
  6. With the experiences we get to see i am sure tour to niagara falls from new jersey helps it all a lot of times and it brings the best arrangements in it that can be taken to another level.

    ReplyDelete