Wednesday, December 7, 2022

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day!

A day to honor all those who lost their lives on this date at Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Sunrise over Pilot Knob
Last night I used JB Weld to seal my radiator overflow plastic tank.  Said it would be cured in six hours, so if all goes well, I'll be ready to move in the morning.

This morning, I had faith the White Lion would start, so I went ahead and finished packing again.  I decided since I was only traveling 10 miles to the campsite on Ogilby Road, I would wait till I get there to have a late breakfast and then just enjoy this beautiful day.  Been there a number of times and it is a great place.

At 9:30, I turned the key and it reluctantly started grinding, but the Lion roared once again.  So thankful.  I did not want to have a tow truck have to take me from this site.  Way off the road and quite sandy, it would have been an expensive tow.


Didn't take long and we found the perfect place to make our home for awhile.  Yuma is checking it out.  There is a wash beside us with plenty of places for Yuma to check out.  We are parked about quarter mile from Deb and Riley, On a long and lonesome highway...  Yuma is so happy to see them again. 

Got everything set up and just relaxed for the day.  Even though I did little today, I felt exhausted.  Yuma and I even laid on the bed and rested for awhile.  

Visited Deb and Riley once we were set up and then did nothing for the remainder of the day.  As the sun was setting and the full moon was rising, Yuma and I took a walk along the wash until the darkness forced us inside.



I forgot to pull anything from the fridge, so Yuma and I had hotdogs tonight.  Always good!  Then it was 7 o'clock and time for "Survivor!"  Tonight's ending was the best I've seen.  You just never know how it plays out till it does.  Lots of twists and turns.  Now it is time to hit the sack, read some posts and go to sleep.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Good to hear everything worked and you got to your new home. Hope that Sealant works and there are no more leaks. Good pictures of the sunrise and evening. Bless all those brave men that fell at Pearl Harbor 81 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really great pictures from the day! Glad the WL started for you! Hope that trend continues for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the neighborhood. I was surprised to look up and see the WL and the silver streak pulling in. Yuma came by to visit without you just after you mentioned the moon. I guess he thought he should deliver the message. Lol.
    Great photos.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the header picture! Nice that the WL started up and you were able to move. I know Yuma is really glad you made that decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. He likes them because they give him lots of pets.

      Delete