Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Rainy day and errands

Location:  Parking lot of RV Connection in Yuma, Arizona

This morning, I must have been tired from being up so late yesterday.  I didn't get up till 9 o'clock.  It was cloudy all night and I left the inverter on and still had 75% battery.  Very happy.  By 10 o'clock even with cloudy skies and rain, I was at 100%.

It poured last night and rained on and off all day today.  Luckily, it is warm.  I had a leisurely breakfast and didn't start my errands till noon.  Went to Walmart to stock up for my departure. 
Then I drove back to Verizon and picked up a new phone for Dolly and took it to UPS to mail to her.

I spent a good two hours this evening with Tech Support for Verizon trying to get a new number for my phone to no avail.  After many discussions with them and screw ups on my part I finally figured out what the problem was.  By that time, they had closed for the day, so will get my new phone number tomorrow.

I made an appointment to get the last of my issues fixed with the solar installation on Monday of next week, so won't be going far until then, but I do want to get out of this parking lot.  I have a destination in mind, but you will have to tune in tomorrow to find out. :))

Been a long day with trying to handle my new phone number.  I don't know why I keep getting into the these issues that cause me stress, but this year, I've had more than my share.  All self-inflicted of course.  :((

I'll leave here sometime tomorrow if it's not pouring rain.  They're calling for a rainy day tomorrow.  Can't see getting on the road if it's raining.

See you later.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're on your way to getting your phone problems resolved. I'll net the cacti and other plants have really popped out with all the rain. Hopefully, you'll be able to be less stressed in your next destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. I'm sure things will be much better when I get in the desert. No more noise and no more cars and no more people for four days. :))

      Delete
  2. Probably nice to get out of that parking lot for a few days. Did you need to stock up again on cool whip?😂 Look like nice phones your getting. Why do you want to change numbers? Hopefully it doesn't rain too much so you can go to a new location for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. In order to get a second phone for #300 my phone had to be an added phone and not a replacement. Lots of rain so far today. Hope it stops soon.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about being stressed!! LOL Yeah, I would probably wait for the rain to pass also. It's supposed to rain here and in Tombstone all day long. That WAS my destination. Maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain rain go away! I think we've had enough. I think the rains came just because I put solar panels on the WL. I'm the Rainmaker! :)) Luckily, today is the last day of rain for now.

      Delete
  4. The rain days we expected have turned into surprises. It was looking like 4 days of 70 to 90% each day but they have been very nice days with very few showers. :)
    We have to go with the flow regardless. I understand getting out of a parking lot from the time we've spent at CanAm back home. Nice to be there for a reason but wonderful to leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Nice to be close when you're having work done, but it gets old pretty quickly. It has just been raining all day. Thankfully, the Sun comes back tomorrow. :))

      Delete
  5. Stress is not something you need in life these days.
    Have you considered keeping your existing phone number?
    Be Safe and Enjoy your relaxing days in the desert.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. In order to get the discount on a second phone, my phone had to be considered a new phone and not a replacement. Worth doing for $1000 discount. Just a big hassle. Mostly from my own doing.

      Delete
  6. From all my Yuma FB friends comments.....lots and lots of rain. We have two more nice days then we will get the rain and much colder temps. That's ok. I bought some new sweatshirts this year and I love them. I hope you can escape the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva. Yes, lots of rain. I made it out of the parking lot but not out of the rain. Don't want cold.

      Delete
  7. Getting a new phone number is sometimes good for you. It makes you sort out who you really want calling you. I think you should let Dolly know what your new number is. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. Got rid of a lot of people with the number change. Most i don't want back. :))

      Delete
  8. Haha...I agree with Lorne about Dolly and the new number.
    Just out of curiousity, won't the new number be an Arizona number?
    Hopefully you get out of the parking lot for a bit and just enjoy the desert and the wonders that are around you. I'm certain you and Yuma will be looking forward to getting out of the area in a few days, I'm pretty certain you stayed longer than you wanted to in that neighbourhood. Stay safe, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll let Dolly know the number :)) The new number comes from my home zip code that I used. Made it out of the parking lot but the terrible weather has followed me :(( Hope your weather is better.

      Delete