Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Addition to the family

This morning, I was lazy again.  The sun was shining and warming nicely.  Before I knew it, it was time for me to take Teddy for his grooming appointment at 10 o'clock.  Hadn't heard from the adoption lady yet, but Kay had called and told her that I was leaving tomorrow morning, so if it was happening, it had to be today.

A couple hours later, I went and picked up Teddy.  When I drove up to Kay's house, the adoption lady was out front talking with Kay.  In no time at all, I read the adoption paper, signed it and she gave me all the info on Teddy and the paperwork to show that he had his shots, been neutered, chipped and was deemed to be a healthy black Pomeranian.  He is 8 years old according to the previous owner.

New family member, Teddy

Now comes the challenge.  Yuma has been my sole buddy and friend for 8 years now and he is not liking the addition.  I'm going to have to be very careful handing out affection until the jealousy hopefully goes away.  I put up a barricade at dinner time and had no problems.  They enjoy taking walks together, so that's good.

I've got maybe three weeks left for travels.  I hope, I can make it through it.  I will have to be careful that Teddy does not get out of the MH.  He is perfect coyote bait.  Don't want anything bad happening before I can get him home.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. So Teddy is now officially yours. Yay! I'm sure Yuma and he will be friends in no time. You will have to be careful. Teddy could get scared and take off if he got out. I'm sure you'll be glad to see some new places. Good luck to the 3 of you getting used to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New MH, New Passenger, New Problems, hoping everything works out for the best.
    US Weather Guessers are forecasting possible Tornadoes in the East.
    Be Safe and Enjoy.

    I's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolly, that little Teddy Bear is so sweet and I am hoping he melts your heart!!!! He will tilt his head when you talk to him, it's so cute. He loves going for rides... if Yuma doesn't get to jealous of the little guy! He is a excellent BARKER and will let you know when someone is messing around too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great all worked out with getting Teddy. Safe travels to you three.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad that the previous owner gave Teddy up. Hope Yuma finds it's nice to have a buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teddy is a cutie. I'm sure the two pooches will get along. Keep Teddy on a leash!! 💕
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete