Saturday, April 6, 2024

Heading for Page, Arizona

This post will cover yesterday, the 5th and today, the 6th.  We got up and had breakfast because the rain had been postponed till after noon.  After breakfast, I was going to check the tires, but I could not find the stems for the inside tires. 

We went into Cottonwood as it was clouding up, to Discount Tire.  The tires were all brands I had never heard of and were four or more years old.  I decided for new Cooper tires all around.  The service was great!  We were out of there with all new tires in about an hour.

It was starting to sprinkle when we left Cottonwood for Page, Arizona, at 1:30.  The say it is about a three-and-a-half-hour drive, but with my speed, I knew it would be closer to 5 o'clock when we got there, and it was.

There are mountains and valleys along the way.  I tested the motorhome going up and down, but all went well.  We went from 4000 feet to nearly 6000 feet along the way and the rain had a lot of snowflakes in them.

No real problems, but I did accidently turn onto I-40 East at Flagstaff which cost a great deal of time.  I ended up going to Page via hwy 89 north.  I think it turned out to be a prettier route than I-17.  Along the way, I could see blue skies ahead.









Much of the road went through Navajo country.  Almost every trailer along the road had a stand to sell their wares on nice days.


Page is around the corner

Heading down into Page

 

When we arrived, I went to the Walmart and asked if they allowed overnighters, and they do.  We pulled into a spot and called it a night.

April 6th

We didn't hurry, because I needed to download some tax forms Dolly emailed to me.  It was about 10 o'clock when we headed for the campground, I had selected in Glen Canyon National Recreational Area.  


We drove over the bridge above.  You can see the Glen Canyon dam below.  I'll walk over it on a nicer day and get more pictures.  Today, they are calling for high winds and cool temperatures.


Here is our home for 7 days.  With my senior discount pass, I paid $49.  This includes everything except electricity.  Good deal, I thought.  And, unlike Sedona, I have 4 bars of 4G here.

Lone Rock


We are camped way down there near the water
The winds are 25-40 mph across the sands from the west.  I could tell it was going to be an inside day.  More tax work.  They are calling for better weather starting tomorrow.  I sure hope so.  I am on Mountain time now, so only an hour difference.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Some very awesome views.
    Glad you got some new rubber all the way around!
    Stay safe.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You just can't trust tires when you purchase a used RV.

      Delete
  2. Always wise to have good tires when traveling.
    Loving the sites at Glen Canyon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it is very low, but still beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pictures! I'm sure you're relieved to have all new tires. One less worry. Enjoy Utah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have the tires. They will last a lifetime 😀

      Delete