Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Lower Antelope Canyon Tour

This morning, I had a date to be somewhere.  Luckily, I didn't need to leave till 10:30, so gave me plenty of time to walk my kids, have a cup of coffee and eat breakfast.

I will be leaving the kids alone together for about 4 hours today, so I'm hoping all goes well.  I had made reservations online to take a guided tour through the Lower Antelope Canyon.  The land is owned by the Navajo tribe, so there was a fee.  No refunds for no shows, so I didn't want to be late.  Need to be there one hour ahead of time to get checked in.

Fortunately, the canyon is only about 5 miles east of Page, so not much of a road trip.  I checked in and was surprised when I went outside to wait for my name to be called, the lady calling the names asked if I wanted to join the 11:30 tour and I immediately agreed.

I was added to the 7th tour and there were 13 tourists.  Evidently, these tours roll through one after another all day long, so I'm not the only tourist.

Our guide, Katy, was a wonderful guide.  She is a Navajo and has been working as a guide for two years.

Katy, giving us instructions to be careful

The colors of the six minerals that make up the walls of this canyon and the sunlight gives it a special glow you can see in my pictures.  I took 85 pictures, but I know you don't want to see that many, so I will just pick some.  No editing, just what I could see.  Too many to even pick favorites.

Heading down 65 feet







Beam me up, Scotty!
Still waiting!
I guess the beam is bouncing off the walls!
I have visited a number of slot canyons in the past, but I must say this one is beautiful.  Glad I made the effort.

Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazingly beautiful place! The colors are extraordinary. I'm glad you had a chance to see such a fantastic place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Doug!! That is amazing! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice going on this tour! What an incredible place! Looked like a beautiful day too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The slot canyons are very cool to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen so many pictures of this canyon. It's so awesome that you were able to experience the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures of the Canyon. You can always put few here and there in different Blogs.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wanted to see Antelope Canyon but never made it. Glad you did and I liked your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you had gotten beamed up you wouldn't have been able to share your swell pictures!

    ReplyDelete