Monday, April 1, 2024

Happy Easter!

Been three days, since my last post.  Friday, I hooked up the Jeep and packed and we headed to the Walmart in Buckeye.  The flies were just too much of a nuisance at Saddle Mountain to stay any longer.

Did my shopping at the Walmart and was planning to spend the night there till I checked the weather forecast.  It was calling for high winds on Saturday and rain on Sunday and Monday.  With that, I texted Kay and asked if I could park in her front yard till Tuesday when Teddy will be ready for travel.

At least now I'm not wandering around Phoenix looking for a place to stay till Tuesday.  Friday was hot as we traveled two hours across Phoenix.  Passed two accidents where people rearended someone going too fast.  Crazy drivers on I-10 and always in a hurry.

Got to Kay's place with no issues and just tried to stay cool till sundown.  I have an AC, but living on battery power doesn't allow me to use it.  Sitting outside in the shade is the solution.

Yesterday, Saturday, I just stayed around the RV all day and worked on anchoring the lounge chair to the floor and getting the necessary gas connections to hook up my Big Buddy heater to a 15 gallon propane tank.  Cheaper than using the small propane containers that don't last long.  May need heat as I move toward Utah.

Today, it rained till 4 o'clock and I never saw the Easter Bunny.  Finally, at 4 o'clock the sun peeked out and Yuma and I headed for the laundromat.  Been quite awhile since the last time, and my shower floor was full.

Superstition Mountains from the laundromat.

When I got back to Kay's, I had a nice surprise.  Kay invited me to their Easter dinner.  I was hungry and tired, and this was just perfect.  She made a fantastic dinner, and I had a huge plate that filled me up.

Dolly and the family had a great Easter at Steve's house.  Everyone was there, except me.  My, how my family has grown.


Gibbons Family:  Kristi, Erin, Lane, Evan

Laning/Walters Family:  Luke, Margie, Amelia, Ben, Chandler
 

Laning Family:  Nick, Tracie, Scott, Steve, Tyler and girlfriend, Elizabeth

 


Laning Family:  Keaton, Sarah, Jim


Daughter Kristi with her daughter Erin

Thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to have a nice Easter dinner. It was nice for Kay to invite you in for dinner. We missed having you there. Not often we have the whole gang together like that. Good luck with Teddy and your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I'm glad the weather cooperated and the gathering was a success. Should have added me to the family picture.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter Doug, good luck with Teddy. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need luck with that little barker. Hope Yuma can tolerate him.

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter Doug. Lovely pictures.
    Maybe Steve can photobomb you into that picture! Refresh my memory with who is who in relation to you please.
    Nice Kay invited you for dinner and ditto on the Teddy wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are Ben, Kristi, Steve and Jim. All spread from them.

      Delete
  4. It was wonderful of Kay to invite you for Easter dinner. I'm sure everything was fantastic. Maybe you'll get a respite and get some of the cool weather we're expecting mid-week. Say hello to Teddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. That Teddy is a barker. May have to dump him on the side of the road 🤔

      Delete
  5. That was from me. 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter to all the Extended Laning Family.
    Radar is looking a little clearer towards the middle of the week.
    Hoping that Teddy proves to be as good a traveler as Yuma.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. Hope you had a great Easter. It'll be a miracle if I survive those two in close quarters. I'm nervous as to how it will go with those two.

      Delete
  7. Happy Easter to all! Families just keep growing!
    Stay warm!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing pictures of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures of everyone! What a great family you and Dolly have! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen. You also have a great family. Looks like you will be adding an addition soon. Congratulations on your son's engagement.

      Delete