Monday, February 27, 2017

Rainy Day and visit to Quartzsite

Monday, February 27, 2017

My location: Eight miles West of Bouse, Arizona just off Plomosa Drive

When I woke up this morning, it was overcast and windy.  Forecast calls for rain this afternoon.

The clouds were dark when I took Yuma for a walk.   Read my blogs, had breakfast and at 9 a.m. I called Bob Drummer of Bob’s Generator in Quartzsite.  I gave him the symptoms and he said he could get me in at 2:30 to determine the problem.

1-IMG_4573-0011-IMG_4575

1-IMG_4577

1-IMG_4578

When I got the RV stuck in the ditch a few days ago, I cracked the long wooden pole that I had attached to the the hitch insert at the rear of the MH.  This wooden pole is used to attach the netting from the Jeep to the MH to keep rocks from bouncing up and hitting the Jeep.

That wooden pole was originally a MacGyver job, so my fix should be a MacGyver fix.  The other day, I found a piece of wood exactly the same size.   I cut a couple of short lengths and then pulled out my trusty duct tape and sandwiched the cracked piece with the two short pieces and Voila!  Repaired and ready to be used for another 6000 miles.

1-IMG_4579

Soon after completing my work, it started to rain.  It was still raining when I left for Quartzsite at 1:30.  I left the Jeep at the site with all the other stuff I had outside.

Bob was waiting when I got there and he opened up the door to the generator and pushed the button.  Darn if it didn’t start.  Did this several times and it started each time.   A little strained, but started. 

1-IMG_4581-001

He said because of its age I should continue to use it till it stops starting and then bring it back.  He said, it is probably the starter but can’t be sure as long as it starts and to get to the starter he would have to take the generator out.  Big bucks! 

He did adjust the carburetor because it was running a little lean.  Said that had nothing to do with starting though.  He didn't charge me anything.  That was nice.

Came back to the site and it was still raining.  Put my TV Dish out and my Internet booster antenna out – all this in the rain.

1-IMG_4580-001

Got the TV going, dinner done and now it is time to watch Bates Motel.  Another of Dolly’s favorite shows that just started up for the Spring season.  Good night to watch TV.

See you later.

16 comments:

  1. An overcast day always makes for pretty pictures, I think. Glad the generator has decided to work for awhile. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow will be much better. Wish it didn't work so I could get it fixed. Maybe it will continue to work.

      Delete
  2. Bob sure does know his stuff, we have had a few generator repairs done by him, now works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I found him. Real nice man and knows his generators.

      Delete
  3. There are good RV companies out there, he sounds like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan. Yes, it was lucky someone recommended him just when I thought I needed one. Unfortunately or fortunately, the generator seems to be working now.

      Delete
  4. I recently read that the sit of Bates Motel has been taken down. Freddie (aka Norman) will be in a new show about a surgeon who is a little bit different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, Gene. My wife isn't going to like that. I know it is the last season, so hope it makes it through.

      Delete
  5. Rain and rest yesterday - Sunshine and site seeing today - I think Yuma is ready to roll ! He wants his picture with a wildflower behind one ear. 🌺🌸🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wildflowers behind the ear for Yuma. Too manly, Moonfly. The sun is peeking out. Yeah! Hopefully we can get out today.

      Delete
  6. Yay good for Bob! Glad you got things fixed up, MacGyver. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. Not always professional, but things get done.

      Delete
  7. Hi! I love how you always fix things up your way! :) Too bad Drummer couldn't really repair your generator, but I'm sure you feel better knowing it's starting again and you had someone check it out. The people you meet out west are so generous! I hope you have some sunshine today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I was hoping the thing wouldn't start, but it did. Every time!

      Delete
  8. Great fix up job Dad! If the whole thing was then spray painted, it would be a true Doug Laning fix! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi. Droops a little on that side now. Hope it doesn't catch on something.

      Delete