Tuesday, October 28, 2014

New Hitch for the RV

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I had an appointment this morning for 8 a.m. at Wherry Welding.  In my October 18th blog entry, I gave the background on the new hitch.  Well, this is the day they are going to take the old hitch off and put the new one on.

New hitch for the RVTheir work place is only about two miles from my house, so earlier I took my truck with a bike in the back, left the truck in their drive and rode the bike back home. 

I arrived right on time and Glenn, the owner came walking out to tell me where to put the motorhome, so his employee could work on it.  Of course, that meant I had to back it into their garage.  No problems.  They guided me right in.

After we discussed what needed to be done, drove home and finished my coffee and had breakfast.  Then I played around with Google Maps.  I saw the Google travel maps George from Our Awesome Travels has on his blog and wanted to do the same with my blog.  I did end up with a rolling map that will suffice, but could not figure out how he came up with the image map of their daily travels.  I’ll keep playing around till I come up with an image that is easy to make.

1-20141028_170829At 2 p.m. I received a call the RV was ready, so my wife ran me up there and I paid the $293 to get it out of hock and brought it home.  It is definitely a solid hitch.  It will hold up to 16,000 pounds, but the motorhome can’t handle near that much.  It will easily handle my Jeep, so I am happy.

Got beat pretty good in Gin Rummy tonight, but the Royals are doing great.  7-0 in the 2nd inning.

See you later.

 

 

 

 

1 comment: