Thursday, March 28, 2024

Short move, short post

This morning, I didn't have much to do to pack and get ready for my move.  I took my time and had a good breakfast.  Just as I finished hooking up the Jeep, I got a phone call.

The phone call I was hoping not to get.  It was Kay with a change of plans.  She didn't realize Easter was this Sunday and when she called to get Teddy a haircut appointment, she wouldn't be able to get him in till Tuesday at 10 o'clock.  A four-day delay.

I know I don't have anywhere I have to be at a certain date but, I was anxious and excited to head north to new places and new adventures.  We went around for a while, but in the end, I agreed to wait.  Actually, I didn't know Easter was this Sunday either.

I do have things I can do.  For one, I really need a Walmart shopping day.  I also need to figure out what I want to do with heat.  I'm not sure if my batteries could handle the fans for an extended period of time.  I need to look into hooking into the house propane tank with my propane heaters.  That is what I did with the White Lion.  When I sold the WL, I took the connections and hoses, so I just need to do it again.

I left Quartzsite at noon and arrived at Saddle Mountain just outside of Buckeye, a suburb town on the west side of Phoenix.  When I go to Walmart it will be a 50-mile round trip.  When you say "near" around here, it can easily be 25 miles.

I guess I'll put off watching Survivor tonight.  Dolly texted to tell me Illinois is playing Iowa State tonight at 7 o'clock.  I had a quick dinner of two hotdogs and fed Yuma and now watching the game while finishing this post.  That sentence wore me out.



Saguaro skeleton

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if that's the same spot you were in before, but it's pretty. The Illini are doing well so far. I'm sure you'll be off to new places and adventures before you know it. Good luck with your connections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it's good to hear you are now able to wander around and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope getting Teddy after all this is the right thing for all of you. He is a cute little thing and needs someone to love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your delay. Looks like a nice spot.

    ReplyDelete