Location: Saddle Mountain BLM outside Tonopah, Arizona
Hardly slept at all last night for some reason. Woke up at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Finally, after laying in bed thinking, I got up at 5:30 and started my breakfast routine while Yuma stayed in bed. It was very windy overnight and this morning the dust almost blocked the sun.
Today is move day. I started heading for my new campsite about 8:30.
Got on I-10 and it was just a little over 70 miles East to Tonopah, Arizona. I had been jostling a number of thoughts through my head as what I should do with Miss Adventure and finally came up with a plan. Move to Saddle Mountain and have the convenience of the big city of Phoenix close by.
|Goodbye all you little fiberglass eggshells.|
Deb and Riley are also moving to the Saddle Mountain BLM too and they will be able to assist with the two motorhome dilemma. I asked Deb if she would go with me to the post inspection of the new motorhome and if Riley would watch Yuma for me. Not sure how long this thing will be and it is great that Yuma has company. I figure four eyes and four ears would be better than just mine. Plus, my memory is not so great. They graciously agreed to help. Just maybe, I can get them to help me move all my stuff too. :))
As I get closer to Tonopah, I could make out Saddle Mountain in the dust to the South.
|Picking up cotton bales from the field.|
|View from my campsite.|
Arrived around 10 o'clock and started setting up everything and Yuma started barking. Went outside to see what all the ruckus was about.
The Good Year blimp was overhead. That silly Yuma chased that thing through the desert trying to catch it. What a dummy. Does the same thing with birds. I guess to him it's just a big bird.
A little later, Yuma again started barking at the front of the MH. I peeked out and saw this huge white dog. It frightened me. I though it might be mean and attack Yuma, so I ran out and by this time Yuma and her were already getting to know each other.I do believe Yuma was intimidated by the size of this huge white German Shepard. Saw the owner walking towards us. Turns out he is staying just up the road. His name is Vaughn and he is from Oregon and travels alone with his dog. Didn't catch the name of the dog, but will some other day I'm sure.
I'm still debating on what to do with Miss Adventure though. Right now here is the plan. I'm going to take it to RV Mesa and have them give me an offer to buy it outright and cut me a check. If I don't really like the offer I'm going to put it on Craigslist for two weeks and see if I can get my price. If that fails, I may put it on consignment or just take the money and run from RV Mesa. That's the plan for now. If anyone has a better one, let me know.
The winds kept up all day and it is really cooling down tonight. Low 30s tonight! :(( I guess our beautiful warm/hot weather couldn't last forever. Thank goodness it will only be for a few days.
The wind seems to be dying down as the sun settles into the West, but it sure is getting cold outside. Here's my new home for a period of time.
Time for me to fix dinner and hit the hay. Going to be an exciting day tomorrow, I hope. Glad Deb will be along just in case I can't get the Jeep hooked to the White Lion for some reason.
See you later.
You could always take One RV with the Jeep about a Hundred Miles, park it then return for the Other RV. Then you drive the Second RV Two Hundred Miles and keep Leap frogging them Until you get them both Home.ReplyDelete
Be Safe and Enjoy the slightly cooler temperatures.
It's about time.
Not sure I have the strength for that. :))Delete
What to do with 2 RVs ??? Leap Frog is an idea, leave it with Kenny on consignment ??? It'll be interesting what you decide. At least you have a nice sunset to think on it :))ReplyDelete
I don't think Kenny is a very good salesman. Plus Quartzsite is out of the way during the summer. I'm hoping to have better luck with Phoenix. At least I don't have to rush at the moment. I've got a couple weeks anyway.Delete
Quite the dilemma. You do have a lot to think about. I'm glad you have Deb and Riley as an extra set of eyes and temporary companionship for Yuma. You have a beautiful spot at Saddle Mountain.ReplyDelete
Thanks Dolly. It is a very nice campsite with room enough to park the White Lion so I can move stuff easily.Delete
I'm sure you'll figure it all out. Accepting an offer from La Mesa RV sounds like the best plan - if it's close. Save a lot of headaches.ReplyDelete
Nice that Deb and Riley can help you out tomorrow. Good luck!
Yuma looks small next to BIG WHITE DOG.
You're giving me a lot of credit Patsy. I hope everything comes together and I can move on to other things real soon. Yuma does have a large neighbor. About time he isn't the biggest dog on the block. :))Delete
Fingers crossed La Mesa RV writes you a check for the right amount and you do not have to do any more thinking about what to do.ReplyDelete
It will be nice to have Deb go with you to do the final walk through. I know with both Tom and I there and each taking notes we still missed some things. Have fun and good luck with everything.
Thank you Deb. I'm really excited about today and very happy Deb will be going. With both taking notes and seeing everything will make me feel more comfortable. I forget to take my pills half the time. I'm sure I will forget most everything within a day unfortunately. But I am having fun and enjoying the adventure.Delete
I took a notepad and pencil with me when I did the walk around my rig. I wrote down almost everything the guy said so I wouldn't forget. That might help you considerably. I would also take the check from RV Mesa if it was even close to your number. The stress and worry of having two rigs just isn't worth it.ReplyDelete
Great idea Nancy. I'm home now from my long day and too tired to do my post so will wait till morning to write about my walk through.Delete
All the best on your newer rigs orientation today. I know well your mixed bag of feelings:))ReplyDelete
Thanks Al. Amazing how hyped I am. Thought I was too old to get this excited anymore. :))Delete
Another thing you might want to consider for the walk through is recording it on your phone as well as taking notes. I have even done that with some doctor appointments cause I cant remember anything anymore. Sure hope La Mesa comes through for you.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the recording idea. It was a long day and everything didn't go as planned, but the end result was good. Too tired to write post tonight.Delete
You always enjoy staying around Saddle Mountain - hope everything goes smoothly & you get the White Lion today. The photo of your Jeep at sunrise is excellent. Funny about Yuma barking at Goodyear blimp - and the white german shepherd looks very intimidating. 😎ReplyDelete
Thanks Moonfly. I really do enjoy this area. The review was not as I expected and the day was very long. Will write my post in the morning.Delete
Doug, thanks for letting us know you are OK. Sounds like a rough day - but, hopefully successful. Glad Deb was with you & Riley took care of Yuma. 😎Delete
It's great you have Deb and Riley to help you out with the big move!! Great friends you have made for sure! I'm hoping that you can get a nice check from La Mesa and be all done with all that. Ken and I were just talking about our walk through on Thursday..hopefully between the two of us we can remember what they tell us. haha. Beautiful place you're at with some green too! Hope it all goes well for you today! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks Deb. It is green here this winter. Deb and Riley were a Godsend as it turned out to be a long grueling day. The end result was okay though. I will write my post in the morning.Delete
Glad you have company to help you with the move. I too am in the camp that if the LA Mesa offer is even close, then jump on it. Less hassle and bothers for you. Time to enjoy the new.ReplyDelete
Company turned out to be very important. It was a very long day but turned out okay . No post till morning.Delete
Wow. I didn't think that dog was so big until I saw that one picture. I too am hopeful La Mesa RV gives you a good price so you can be done! Nice to have good friends to help you out.ReplyDelete
Tat dog was big. Sure scared me when I first saw her. Deb and Riley helped me tremendously today. Update with post in the morning.Delete
I'm sure once you look into it some more your decision will be made easier. That Yuma is handsome but maybe not the brightest sometimes 😃ReplyDelete
Yuma is very smart. At least he's in the nice warm weather. :)). I think things will come together soon.Delete
Had Miss Adventure been parked at my place yesterday, a guy who stopped by asking if I would sell the one parked in my yard may have been interested. There is a lot of places on E Apache Trail in Mesa/Apache Junction... do not settle for chicken scratch from Mesa RV... and if ya need a place to park let me know, I have 4 large units stored at my place for snowbirds now. Call Main Street RV Sales in Mesa/Apache Junction.ReplyDelete
Thanks MCA. I will be calling Main Street RV Sales. Thanks for the tip. I'm certainly not married to Mesa RV.Delete
Lots of decisions to make and good that you have folks you can bounce ideas off of.ReplyDelete
Good luck with the orientation on the Lion.
Thanks Dave. I'll take any advice or ideas I can get. Had a very long orientation so will update with post in the morning.Delete