Friday, April 3, 2020

Interior rooms of the Empire Ranch

Location:  Las Cienegas  National Conservation Area, Arizona

I slept well last night and was up by 7:30.   Going to be another day just like yesterday.  Perfect!  During breakfast, I laid back in the lounge chair and my day was over.  I had thought abought driving down to Patagonia today, but my umph just isn't there.

While walking with Yuma he raced towards me so fast I almost missed him!
Fast as lightening!
Saw this huge very expensive motorhome with this trailer.  7000 watts of solar power and it uses lithium batteries.  
I like the idea of solar panels on a trailer instead of on the motorhome.  Can be dual purpose.  Take a look at their website.  Geo Astro RV  

Now back at the ranch:

And the kitchen door opened with a creak as if almost 150 years of history was trying to escape.  I stepped in to the cool dry air of an empty house.  The kitchen appears to be refurbished and I love the cool blue color.  There is nothing labeling the rooms, so I'm going to name them to the best of my ability.

The large pantry off the kitchen.

Sewing room.
 


Bedroom


Ugly yellow bathtub.

Dining room.
  

Front room or parlor.

History of Empire Ranch.
1876 - 1928
History of Empire Ranch.
1928 - 1969
History of Empire Ranch.
1969 - 2000
That's all I have for the interior of the house.  If you are ever in this area, be sure to stop in and take a tour.



See you later.

21 comments:

  1. Fascinating interior of Empire Ranch house. It almost looks like you could move right in. The Geo Astro RV set up would be intetesting to see. It's too bad they're shut down because of the coronavirus. Glad you had another wonderful day in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. A little outdated for my taste. :))

      Delete
  2. Interesting to see the inside and strange that the door would be open.
    Not every day needs to be a do something day...some days are meant to be lounge chair days. Sounds like perfect day to relax or take a walk. Or in Yuma's case a run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. You're right I need rest days more this year than the years before. But I do enjoy them more now too.

      Delete
  3. I’ve been there. And enjoyed the tour very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. It's nice they are renovating the place to save our heritage.

      Delete
  4. I've been through the house several times ... they have added lots of furniture! When I was there last, they only had the dining room table. It's amazing how many rooms have been added on. I could live there in a hot second!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is looking better each year but it is a slow process. Probably not high on the money list. I liked how the kitchen has been finished and several other rooms are close.

      Delete
  5. I could live there!! How fun that would be to fix up..gotta love those wood floors and that kitchen!! Wow! Thank you for the tour! Those dishes in the formal dining room!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. You're welcome. I think you saw more details than I did. Too busy taking pictures to see :))

      Delete
  6. Wow! A lot of history at the Empire Ranch. Cool how they are preserving the ranch as it was back when it originated. The ranch was used in a handful of western movies too. Enjoy that warmth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I didnt know about the movies. I'll have to check that out.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the tour of the ranch house, does not look as primitive as I would have expected. Your new neighbors sure have an interesting rig. Are they setting up their telescopes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. I think the virus has killed their plans to have groups of stargazers:((

      Delete
  8. Great tour of the Ranch. Certainly a place we would enjoy visiting. We'll put it on the list.
    It sure is a pretty area you've found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. Beautiful area and the ranch is a bonus.

      Delete
  9. First of all check your post from yesterday 4-2, I had another question for you.
    Thank you for posting about the Empire Ranch and the pictures. What an amazing place.
    The parlor window caught my attention - with the right setting, would that not provide fantastic views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri. I liked that parlor window too. It would fun to have the time to just look through it everyday. State Farm is a very large company with offices all over the country. I didnt know her.

      Delete
  10. I can tell from your photos that there have been interior improvements to the Empire Ranch since Kelly and I along with Pheebs walked through a couple of years ago. Far as I know the restoration is being done by volunteers. Would be interesting to take my interior room photos and match them up with your photos to show the changes that have taken place.

    ReplyDelete