Saturday, April 4, 2020

Off to Patagonia, Arizona

Location:  Las Cienegas National Conservation Area, Arizona

Another good night's sleep and I woke up just after 7 o'clock.  Last night I had no meat left, so we had hotdogs on the grill and I added a potato for me.  

We got up before 8 o'clock and took our morning walk.   The weather will be just like yesterday.  Perfect!  This morning, after bacon and eggs, I decided it was the day to drive to Patagonia, Arizona.  While sitting on the patio eating my breakfast, cows started strolling by at a fairly fast clip.

Momma had to do a little coaxing.


Couple of young bulls bringing up the rear.

Then I saw why they were hustling along.  There were wranglers leading them home.


Luckily I had Yuma on his leash.  He wanted to go play with their dog in the worst way.

At 10:45 we hopped in the Jeep and headed out.  I stopped in Sonoita to get gas, but it was full and no one was moving very fast.  Since I had a tad over half a tank and Patagonia is only 12 miles south, I decided to forego the gas.

Pretty drive.

Drove along the Santa Rita Mountains.


Beautiful ranch gate.


Intricate iron sculptures.



After our short and pretty drive through the foothills, we arrived to the touristy town of Patagonia, Arizona.  It's not a town you just happen by.  It's off the beaten path and you have to have intentions of going there.  Here is some information: Patagonia, Arizona  As I walked around the town, I took pictures and you can join me on my tour.  

Just so you know the layout of the town, there are buildings on either side of highway 82 and a long park setting separates them.  In the park area, the old train station is located.  I drove through town and parked at the south end of the park and made my way back.


It's even here. :((


Not very big town.



A local heading to market.


East end of the train station.


Looking south at the Stage Stop Inn.



Love this gas station.



Frontside of the train station.  No tracks, no trains.


Sign on the west end of the train station.



Looking west through the park.  The train station is behind me.



House for sale!

I'm finished with my tour of Patagonia.  But there is a ghost town named Harshaw with a cemetery about 7 miles south that I want to visit.  Tomorrow, I'll take you there.

The house above is for sale.  It looks to be an original home in these parts and looks to be fairly run down.  Being sold as is.  It is on one acre near a line of dumpy houses.  I always like to look at houses for sale in these small towns.  Be sure to take in account the purple mailbox. :))

Tomorrow, I will tell you the asking price.  If you want to hazard a guess, just put it in your comments.  The closet person will have the privilege of their name being mentioned in tomorrow's post. :))

Good luck! See you later.

38 comments:

  1. Would it be around $229,000 perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a name like Doug how could you be wrong. Hope the commenters don't thin this is me. Wouldnt want to throw them off :))

      Delete
  2. 15000 bucks. I don't think there is much demand for real estate there. Im interested to see the big city of Hershaw tomorrow!! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorne. Sure you're not thinking 1960:))

      Delete
  3. It's always interesting to see a real working ranch. I'll bet the cattle didn't like being hustled along. What a colorful town Patagonia is! So bright! Tracie would love it. The ironworks on the Sonoita Springs ranch gate were beautiful. I don't know how much property that amazing house in Patagonia sits on, but my guess is $295,000. Just figure even rundown places are sxpensive there. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. Tracie would like to visit there. Lots of color. Interesting area.

      Delete
  4. The value is in the land. But not too much demand there. My guess is about $19,900.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks phxxer. Your assumption sounds logical. Patagonia is in the middle of nowhere.

      Delete
  5. So neat to just be lounging around and there goes a bunch of cattle & cowboys thru your front yard. Love those brilliant blue skies. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. I'm sure you would like this area.

      Delete
  6. Cute house - well, it could be!
    How about $129,000.
    You better some meat in that fridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. I did stop in the Patagonia Market and pick up a huge sirloin steak. Good now till I can get to a larger store:))

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Stage Stop Inn has GREAT burgers if you're hungry. Also, check out inside the hotel at the left side. The rooms are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I usually don't go into places because Yuma is with me. I'm sure I miss out on lots of neat things 😕

      Delete
  9. Looks like that house has a nice, long shady porch! I have no clue what the price would be. I'll guess $125,000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the entry Jeanette. I hope they were careful removing the goose egg:))

      Delete
  10. I love that house, Ken not so sure. That porch is amazing but that mail box would have to go along with the deep blue posts! LOL> I'll guess $150,000. What a cute little town, so jealous you are still in that area! Too bad everything is closed. Hope you got what you needed from the market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. It's going to be hard to head home this year. I'm really enjoying living in the WL. I got sirloin steak at the Patagonia Market :)) I'm set!

      Delete
  11. I am bidding $228,900, and that's my final offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the bid Lee. You'll be surprised how far off you are:))

      Delete
  12. A nice town, almost a big city compared to Ajo and Why. Thanks for the fun tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. It is much different and in my opinion nicer because of all the trees. And it is more tourist oriented.

      Delete
  13. Cute little Town. they seem to use a lot of bright colours to offset the summer landscape.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. They like bright colors and maintaining the original atmosphere.

      Delete
  14. I think the price of the home will be a lot more than people think because of the land and the touristy area. What a cute town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. It is an area with many large ranches and it is a unique. With money that place could really be nice. I love the large porch around the house to keep it shaded in the summer .

      Delete
  15. We been to Empire Ranch & Patagonia numerous times over the past 13 years while snowbirding in the Vail, AZ area. Love it out there. Think your estimate of $229K would be the asking price more or less. As they say, location location is the key in home/land sales.

    I enjoyed seeing your pictures of the rooms in the ranch house. We took some a couple years ago and we can see the improvements they have made to the old place. We have a number of pictures from that area and miss being there this winter.

    Take care.
    Larry

    I

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Larry. Wintering in Vail would be nice. That is a perfect jumping off place for a lot of interesting towns, parks and hiking trails. Hope you make it back there. Oh, and the Doug in the comments is not me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to guess $143,700 just to get in on the fun. Tom and I have drove through there more then once and never stopped we are either going someplace else or coming back and tired. I can see we need to plan a ride to just there. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patagonia is a colorful little hiccup of place. There's a good ice cream store there but I can't remember the name of it.

    ReplyDelete