Saturday, January 25, 2020

Bloggerfest 2020

Location:  Dome Rock Road near Quartzsite, Arizona

This morning I woke up at 6 o'clock and couldn't go back to sleep so time for breakfast. 
Sun rising over the Plomosa Mountains East of Quartzsite, Arizona
Looks to be another gorgeous day in Big Q valley.  Yuma and I puttered around the area.  There are lots of very small mining digs everywhere.  I guess they can't read the sign saying this land is owned by the Government

I had been thinking of buying a second 100 watt solar panel and parallel it in with my other 100 watt panel and double the size of my battery charging capacity.  Googled for a place in town and found one named Solar Bill's.

Yuma and I drove into town and after a quick discussion about what I wanted to do, they set me up, took my money and we were out of there heading back home.  They gave me instructions on how to connect the two, but of course they were hazy by the time I got home.

It was soon time to head for the Bloggerfest, Yuma and I hopped in the Jeep again and headed across town to the location.  When I arrived, Paula, who graciously reserved the cover area for us and her neighbor and friend Sandie were there.  Sandie was the originator of Bloggerfest seven years ago I think.

Very soon after eight more bloggers arrived making us a party of twelve counting Yuma , of course.  We all started out in a somber mood remembering George and his wife Suzie.  George was a big part of the Bloggerfest and a friend to everyone here and his recent death put a damper on discussions at first.  We soon realized George would not want us to be sad, but to enjoy each other's company.

It wasn't long before we had introductions out of the way and we all started talking about almost every subject full-time and part-time RVers talk about.
Patsy, Kim, Tom, Deb, Bill and Ken
Sandie, Paula, John and Brenda
Yuma asking Brenda for permission to play.
 After the Bloggerfest ended, Deb asked if I would stop by for Happy Hour.  I had to go into town and clarify how to set-up the two solar panels and I was soon out with the social society.
It was a very pleasant day for enjoying friends and the beautiful outdoors, but soon the sun was telling us it was time to head home.  I had a great time today and look forward to next year.  Thank you Paula for reserving the cover area for us.

Never heard anything from Kenny about the motorhome.  Still want to test drive it though, just to see how it feels compared to my Ford class C motorhome.  So, I'm hoping to get a call on Monday.  Someone mentioned the new batteries may have been made in China and they are on a slow boat :))

Forgot to take any meat out of the freezer, so I guess it's Stew for tonight and a big salad.

See you later.

27 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful time at the Bloggerfest. I'm glad to see at least some of the old crowd was there. You should really be able to get things charged up with your new solar panel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. I'm curious to see how it works. Will get it going today I hope. The crowd was small but I like it that way.

      Delete
  2. If you are familiar with jump starting a car you can hook up the Battery and Solar Panel to your System. Just remember Positive and Negative. If not Bill would help you.
    My preference is Discount Solar where we got our Charge Controller and LED Lights.
    George wouldn't want anyone to feel sorry for him.
    Glad Bloggerfest went well. Sorry we weren't there.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Q.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you two. I'm looking into buying Led lights and I'll give Discount Solar a try today. Had a good time at Bloggerfest and the small group made the conversation go easier.

      Delete
  3. It was a beautiful day out. Even though it was a small group at Bloggerfest it was still fun to sit and chat with those that were there. Hopefully Kenny will be calling you soon and you will get out to test drive that motorhome.
    Glad you and Yuma were able to join us for Happy Hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure can't beat this weather and I too, enjoy smaller groups so it was fun for me. Tonight is my night out. Yuma will stay home for tonight's HH.

      Delete
  4. Today maybe made up for yesterday being such a bad day. Great to meet up with friends! Kenny will call soon enough. Curious to hear about the White Lion⚪🦁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. Much better day. Time to think about buying the MH isn't bad. Better than having a high pressure salesman. That, Kenny is not. :))

      Delete
  5. How exciting ... solar panels. I thought about it for my rig, but with a household fridge, decided I needed to be plugged in. I do occasionally boondock, but just rely on the generator.
    You would think if they wanted to sell that rig they would have fixed the batteries right off the bat. Here's my suggestions ... make wider turns and go slower around corners. Otherwise its no different than your rig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy for the advice. At least as big as I am I'll always win in a collision. :)) You're right on the fridge. You can't expect batteries to keep up with that. I'm going to make sure the huge fridge in the White Lion isn't household. That would be a deal breaker.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting Moonfly. Unfortunately, I'm a one motorhomes a time type guy. Just like with Dolly. Until this one tells me no, I'm going to keep trying. If it doesn't work out then I'll happily go with your suggestions.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Sure seems like someone could find a few minutes to install a couple of batteries with the possibility of a sale! Nice that Bloggerfest happened and that you all turned out. I'm sure it was nice to get caught up with people you don't normally see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Enjoyed chatting with the folks at Bloggerfest. Nice group but mostly just HH group. Fine with me. Don't like crowds much anyway. I'm wondering if there is a bigger issue with White Lion. I hope not.

      Delete
  8. Im glad you guys all made it to Bloggerfest. George would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm glad I made it out this year. Staying home last winter was no fun. I'm hoping to make it with the whole family next winter.

      Delete
  9. i'm sure George and Suzie were missed at Bloggerfest, glad it continued and remained up beat. Does the White Lion have solar? or can you move your panels over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No solar at all which is fine. I have two 100 watt portable panels that suit my needs and they will come with me along with a couple of inverters.

      Delete
  10. Glad you had a good time. Looks like Yuma enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning to loosen up a little which is good. Maybe I'll become a socializer, but I doubt it. Yuma on the other hand loves attention anywhere he can get it.

      Delete
  11. Nice to see a few folks made it out to Bloggerfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad some are trying to keep it alive. Hope somehow it survives.

      Delete
  12. Doug,you might like to check out the blog: ...s-kareinthewoods.blogspot.com. .They have a 1996 Safari Serengeti & maintain mostly themselves with super modifications.Enjoy your blog ,all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A. I follow Karen but had forgotten about their Serengeti. I'll certainly follow-up.

      Delete
  13. It was so good to be able to visit with folks. A small group is really the best for actually getting to know people better. But I would still hope a few more people show up next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sandie. I hope somehow Bloggerfest survives. It is such a great idea. It was good seeing you again. If Dolly comes to Phoenix this winter, I may be moving into your park. I love the Apache Junction area.

      Delete