Friday, January 19, 2024

Day of rest and an unexpected Dinner offer

 Rested in this morning and enjoyed a couple of coffees outside with Yuma, soaking up the sunshine.  75 today!  Just perfect.

After breakfast, Yuma and I took a short walk to this little grassy area, so Yuma could enjoy sniffing around.

I decided to stop procrastinating and start doing things.  Not with the valve on the WL but starting to clean this baby up for the final sale.  I figured if I did a little at a time, it will be clean before I know it.

I started with the refrigerator.  It is empty and not very dirty, so it didn't take long to get it up to my specs.  Then I got really gung-ho and cleaned two very small screens and windows.  I'm on my way now.

Later in the afternoon, Clea called from the hospital where she was visiting our broken leg girl, Annie.  Clea said that since this is the last evening before Kay, Dean and Gary come home from Minnesota, she would like to invite Alma and I out for one last dinner.

Clea and Alma at Outback Steakhouse.
I couldn't resist and ordered Ribs.  Couldn't believe the size.  Hung off both ends of the plate.

Home now and time to finish this post and go to bed.  Yuma has a head start.

Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. I like your new path! No more frustration ... just good food, friends to hang with and a little cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too. Much less stress. But things can change.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the best plan under the circumstances. Will you buy something else? Haven't been in years, but I love Outback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the trips west for 10 years has come to a conclusion with this winter. Time to stay home and grow old with Dolly and learn to like shoveling snow.

      Delete
  3. It’s a little sad to see the WL go! Are you sure you can’t keep it? Glad you’re getting good weather! It’s a balmy -2 degrees here! 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want it parked at the house till I die, so it must go. Balmy 65 here today.

      Delete
  4. Those ribs looked tasty! Good to get moving and getting the place cleaned up. Good luck and keep a cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little at a time will get it done. stop for a day and you will need to start over.
    Those ribs were big enough for two meals.
    Take your time and you'll get the Valve changed.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the warmer weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right a usual. I'll finish the job sooner or later.

      Delete
  6. I think this is the best choice for you at this stage. Get rid of the stress and enjoy life.
    Those ribs look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better already. Maybe, I'll tackle it later.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure you enjoyed those ribs! Doing a little cleaning each day beats doing it all in one bang. Yuma really is enjoying the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Not as big as the house, but still no fun.

      Delete