Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Second Day on the Road

 I stopped at a Chick Fil A for chicken and fries yesterday evening, but everything was soggy, so won't go there again.  Went to bed at 9 o'clock and slept well except for all the times Yuma woke me up.  I took him out twice and finally on the second time, he did a number 2.  He still woke me up a couple times more, but I told him to get back up on the bed and he did.  It was cool last night, but not bad.

This morning we stopped at Mickey Ds for breakfast and we were on our way by 9 o'clock with sunny skies.  Our destination is Elk City, Oklahoma, about 360 miles southwest of here. 

 


Instead of taking I44 toll road through Oklahoma, I took highways along Rte 66 most of the way.


Went past Tulsa, Oklahoma and Oklahoma City and ended at Elk City around 3:30 this afternoon.  Pleasant weather with blue skies.  

Elk City Elk
Went to Kentucky Fried Chicken and bought an 8 piece meal for Yuma and me.  We should have some for tomorrow morning.  

Buffalo across from KFC
Not sure what direction I will take tomorrow.  They are calling for rain and possible wintry weather near Albuquerque, so I may head south.

See you later.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a pretty nice, uneventful day. That's a cool bridge. Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you got a picture of the elk in Elk City! I bet Yuma loved the KFC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of wildlife right there in Elk City!😄 Have a good drive tomorrow! Tell Yuma not to wake you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another uneventful travel day. Often the best kind! Maybe slip a Tylenol PM into Yuma's KFC for a better sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are moving right along. Yuma is probably excited and has lots of energy to burn off after riding in the Jeep all day. Safe travels!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't give up on Chick FL just yet Doug. That was not normal at all. Although a nice dinner awaits you for Friday when you arrive. We will make sure you eat well, so Dolly doesn't have to cringe each time you report your dinner selections!! LOL

    ReplyDelete