Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Very slow day

 I slept in till 9:30 this morning, before opening the door to a beautiful and warm morning.😎 That always picks me up when things are not going my way.

After breakfast, Yuma and I drove to AutoZone and Harbor Freight to double check there was not a special wrench out there to solve our problem and we came home empty, once more.

I'm thinking better of cutting down handles, because the handle would only be about 3 inches long and I'm not even sure of the size of the nut.

The problem is, there is a pipe running about three inches from the part, so I think I will take Rick's comment advice and remove the pipe and then my problem is solved.  I'm just not sure how easily the pipe will come off and will I have a problem getting it back on.  So, at the moment I am dawdling.  Call it procrastinating, if you will.😕 Seems like there is always something.  This day, last year I was defrosting my fridge.

I have an exciting trip planned for next Thursday!  Yuma and I are heading to Quartzite to visit many of my friends that have collected.  Probably stay for one night and come back in the Jeep, unless the WL just happens to be running, but that is doubtful at this time. 

Tomorrow is another day.  Hopefully, something will go right for me.

Thinks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Slow days can be good. I have a lot of them, it's called retirement. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Patsy. I know about procrastination ... especially when it involves a problem you are trying to solve. Hang in there ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, might take a little time for a plan to come together. You'll come up with something. That'll be nice to get together with your friends. Some fun to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though my suggestion is practical, use caution moving the pipe. You don't want to cause a bigger problem.
    Say hello to the gang for us, as we truly wish we were there.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with all of us, the time comes to hang up the spurs. This winter, it's my turn. I'm glad to be able to share one last HH with friends.

      Delete
  5. You will enjoy seeing everyone again in Quartzsite. That will take your mind off the MH problems. I agree with the girls. There's no rush to get things done in one day. Heed Rick's advice, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. So much is happening, I have a hard time getting anything done. It will all work out.

      Delete
  6. Can I join the group in Q? I live here now, in one of the RV parks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful, Gail. You know us all. I plan to be there Thursday at 1 and hh starts around 4, so come at any time. Our last Bloggerfest.

      Delete
    2. Do you know where they are located?

      Delete
  7. You will need a deep socket to remove the part. Take the new IAP part with you to Harbor Freight to make sure you get the correct size and length.
    It will also be much easier to access if you remove all the air pipes over top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to suggest the same thing. They do make swivels for a socket exention so you might not need to remove that pipe.

      Delete