Tuesday, January 16, 2024

The Longest Hour

 Started out slowly this morning, playing my mind games with friends.  Later in the morning after breakfast, I went over to check how Clea was doing with Alma and all was going well, so I came back and started my highly anticipated job of the day.

Will only take an hour, I thought so I looked at the time and it was 11:30.  Hopefully, not more than two hours at most to remove two nuts and pull the  Injection Pressure Regulator valve out (IPR).

Went under the WL and could not see anything that looked like this, 

so went to my bedroom and lifted the bed to see the top of the engine and I could see it.  First task completed.  The valve only has two nuts holding it along with a wire plugged into it.  I easily detached the wire and the gold nut at the top of the image.  Only the silver one in the center to go.

Unfortunately, this nut is a in place that I cannot get a wrench onto and turn it.  Too many pipes in the way😞.  I went to Harber Freight and looked at chicken foot wrenches but didn't think any would do the job, so I quit for the day.  NO SUCCESS today!

Tomorrow, my plan is to buy a wrench and take it to a machine shop and have them cut the handle down, so it doesn't hit the pipe.  Hopefully, that will do the trick.  Wish me luck.

Had the remainder of the chicken I bought yesterday for dinner and Yuma and I are ready for bed.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Doug,

    That looks like a place for a deep socket and an extension to me.
    Bobseyes.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get the shaved down wrench to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking deep socket too, just listening to the description. Good luck.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, I can leave a comment.
    You may have to move some pipes in order to replace the Valve. when it comes to simple mechanical tasks, they aren't always as easy as they look.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Rick. Going to give it a shot tomorrow, hopefully.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with that pesky nut. Hopefully, you can find a tool to fit.

    ReplyDelete