Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Wait State

 We had rain all night and most of today.  I think it broke records for totals around the area.  We had ominous looking clouds all day.  


Yuma and I stayed in till around 2 o'clock when the rain let up.  Only a few sprinkles in the afternoon.  We then headed to Harbor Freight to buy a utility caliper so I can measure the size of the nut.  Worked perfectly.  It is 3/4 inch in diameter, and I need a 1-1/8 inch crowfoot wrench.

Dean and I made a run to Home Depot and Lowes to find one, but the max size carried are 1 inch.  So, I looked them up on Amazon and Voila!  They had a set that started at 1 inch and went up from there.

The plan now is to wait for the tool to come in and the new part.  I will then hopefully, get everything done on the upcoming warm and sunny 75 degree weekend.

I am anxiously waiting for Thursday morning when Yuma and I head for Quartzite to visit friends.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. If the nut size measures 3/4 Inch on the flats, that is the size of socket you will need.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Quartzsite. You might even find what you need there.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the rain will let up soon. I know you'll enjoy seeing everyone in Quartzsite. I hope your new tool does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy tomorrow! Wish we were there to be able to see you!

    ReplyDelete