Saturday, January 13, 2024

Nice quiet day to watch Football Play-offs

 Slept in till 9 o'clock this morning.  I didn't do much all morning but lay around the WL.  Got a call from Kay in Minnesota.  She asked how I could live in such cold country.  She said it was zero degrees there.

Better looking out the window.


I had Houston in the family pool and they destroyed the Browns. 😊  On to next week.  I was glad to see KC back to their playing form to beat Miami in a very cold KC stadium.  I bet Miami can't wait to get home.

Went over to Kay's house for dinner tonight.  This is becoming a habit.  Sunset on Superstition Mountain on my walk to the house.

I talked to my brother today and he convinced me I should replace the control valve before trying to sell.  I Checked on Amazon, and I could buy the part for $60 instead of paying the Cat shop $220.  If it works and the WL starts, I'll get a second one and be on my way, white smoke and all.  Let you know what happens.  I know my plans bounce around, but it will all work for the best.

Another idea, Ed, one of my blog readers mentioned, since I'm here, I should look for a small, cheap tow behind for the Jeep and rough it.  I'll look into that.

Enough thinking for the night.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a nice relaxing day. You got a couple of ideas about the MH and getting a tow behind. Definitely worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some good ideas. Maybe something will come together ❤️.

      Delete
  2. Good Luck! We always say it seems like things work out for the best in the end. Miss seeing you and Yuma so we hope it works out to cross paths this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try my best to get over to Quartzite while you and most of the gang is there later this month.

      Delete
  3. All good suggestions. that might extend your years of traveling.
    Right now, we are feeling like -15 F.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the warmer weather heading your way.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cold, Rick. Same kind of weather for Dolly back in Illinois. I'm calling this my last year, because I have been doing it for 10 years now and it's time that Dolly and I be together rather than separated now. The joy has faded without Dolly being with me. Stay warm and say hi to Kathy for me.

      Delete
  4. Maybe you need to refurbish the original Miss Adventure for next year? You got to be happy missing out on these negative temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked her If I could hook it to the back of the Jeep and bring it along, but the answer was no. I am enjoying these temperatures, You stay warm out there.

      Delete