Sunday, December 19, 2021

Moving Day

 Last night I almost missed the full Moon coming up over Whetstone Mountains.


This morning wasn't as cold, only 32 for a low.  We got up at nine and started breakfast.  Before breakfast I checked my fasting blood sugar level for the first time this month and hit 115 and I'm happy with that. 

After breakfast I decided that today we would move back to Nancy's driveway with the positive thought I would receive a phone call tomorrow saying my part is in and JB would be out Tuesday morning to solve my water pipe problem πŸ˜‘  Hopefully, it isn't just a dream.

Also, yesterday, I was walking down to the empty site below me taking Yuma for his walk and I noticed a new sign had been added - NO CAMPING 😠 I think they are waiting for me to leave and another sign will pop up.

Ivan Roadtrip 2021 mentioned in a comment that he thought there were camping restrictions on the Information Sign at the entrance to the ranch.  We all took a short Jeep ride down there and sure enough in the fine print it said no overnight camping in the road corridor from hwy 83 to the Empire Ranch.  And I'm camped right between the two on a hill for all to see!

Thankfully, they were nice enough not to throw us out a week ago.  I really loved this million dollar view and thankful for my ignorance 😁 and will miss it.

At 12:30 we were packed and headed out.  One last picture and a video of the mountains to the east.



An hour later we were parked in Nancy's driveway once again.  First thing we did was put up the TV antennas so we could watch the football games until Yellowstone at 6:00 tonight.  After the show they will show the first show of the 1883, a new show introducing the Dutton family when they first moved to Montana.

While watching a football game when we first arrived, Yuma started barking and running around the RV looking out windows.  Thinking it was someone outside, I walked out and in Nancy's front yard was a huge Javelina and me with no camera.  By the time I got back with a camera, it was slinking into the underbrush and no picture.  😭 Below is one from the Internet.  All these years I've been coming to the southwest and this is the first time I've personally seen one.

Love Nancy's back yard and beyond.


I had a cheeseburger and Nick a cheese turkeyburger.  It is now 9 o'clock and the Tampa Bay vs. New Orleans game is nearly over with New Orleans getting a surprising win by blanking Brady of TB, 9-0!😱

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Did you find my water station? That's where they are all headed. Glad you got to see a javelina in person and Yuma was INSIDE. They will easily kill a dog. Sorry to hear they are limiting camping along the road at Empire Ranch. At least you had a last hurrah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I heck it out every morning when Yuma goes for his walk. Sweet of you to provide that. Didn't expect to see my first one in your front yard. Yuma must have smelled him because he was excited and wanting out.

      Delete
  2. That's a shame about camping, but nice they didn't kick you out before you were ready to leave. Love how Nick likes his turkey burger, gotta admit I do too! Too bad more restaurants don't offer that option too. Hoping you get the call the part is in soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. I'm ready to blow this town and get to Yuma. I'm afraid I'll always be a Hamburger ManπŸ˜† Will always remember that million dollar view on the forbidden hilltopπŸ˜„

      Delete
  3. They say ignorance is bliss. It made for a guilt-free stay at Empire Ranch. πŸ˜ƒ I'm glad you finally got to see a javelin. Nancy's place is really pretty. I hope you get news on your parts soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure hope I do. It was nice staying on the hilltop without feeling guilty. I wouldn't have stayed if I knew it was off limits.

      Delete
  4. I have yet to see a Javelina, other than at the zoo. Not sure I'd want to meet one, I hear they can be aggressive.
    It's apparent more and more boondocking lands are being restricted. Wonder if the No Camping sign was a reason you never had much company there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I drove down to the bottom area and they had posted signs there too. Trying to push us all down to the bottoms. If they would just improve the road a little I wouldn't mind.

      Delete
  5. Amazing how these Dogs can smell and sense other creatures like that. While in my sister's backyard, Indy would be asleep...wake up and jump on my lap to see a cat sitting on the fence by my window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have someone watching your back. Yuma is a great companion when boondocking, even if it's in a driveway πŸ˜€

      Delete