Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Trump Wall and Pilot Knob Mountain

 This morning we could tell it was going to be a beautiful day, so after a shortened breakfast it was decided we would travel the short distance to Pilot Knob and check out the area.  The area we will travel first goes around Pilot Knob Mountain and along the Colorado River separating us from Mexico.

The road led us right down to the river, but unfortunately the wall is on the other side, so no jumping the fence into Mexico for us today. πŸ˜€
We drove around to the east side of the mountain and there is a beautiful view of the river cutting through a growth of palm trees.

We then headed back to the north side of the mountain and I used my fantastic memory to locate the path to the top. 😁  I couldn't believe it when I actually found it on my first attempt.  I looked back on my last hike to the top and was shocked to find it was only last December.  Some similar and beautiful pictures from last year in my link.  Here are some pictures of today's hike.
See the Jeep below just in front of Nick?




Starting to lag behind! 😨


Cargo Muchacho Mountains.

Made it to the top. πŸ˜€





The wall going through the sand dunes.

Mexico in the distance.

Heading down.

Yuma leading the way.

A short rest.


Made it home around 3:30, just in time for Happy Hour.  Beautiful late afternoon get together at Tom and Deb's place with Shane and Cathy.  And we had three visitors from Pilot Knob RV Resort, Bill, Patsy and little cutie Gibbs.


Aww!  What a cutie! 😍

Gibbs loves his Mommy!πŸ’“

Long day, but a lot of fun!  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Finally a day of adventure! Those are some great pictures of your hike. Looks a bit windy. Yuma looks happy to be out and about. Hope tomorrow is another beautiful day there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never made it up Pilot Knob but we've been up real close to that Mexican border wall a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day! Great pictures! That Gibbs is a cutie! If I had to guess tomorrow might be a day off rest after that adventureπŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hike!! I love the view from up there. It's really nice to have a hiking buddy along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like another awesome day with Nick and Yuma! Nick is getting a nice tan, something he wouldn't be getting at home! Nice Gibbs and Yuma got to hang out for a bit :) It looks like a solar panel at the top of the mountain, is there a flag it's lighting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trump's Wall doesn't look any better from the other side. Bet nick didn't have any issues climbing Pilot Knob, my knees started to ache just looking at it, and you're still out there doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys did awesome on your hike.
    It was great to connect with you again and to meet Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations.....you did good! You had me stumped. You told Deb you were going where she and Jerry went. All I could think of was "the ride" and you were there too. I forgot they climbed Pilot Knob. Great photos! Elva

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. Thanks for taking me along and doing all the work. I love those views. It’s a hard climb, I’ve done it twice and the trails always look so obvious from the top, don’t they? Haha.

    ReplyDelete