Friday, December 3, 2021

Travel Plan Delay

 Woke this morning at 8 o'clock and when I came out to the living area I was surprised to see Nick up and petting Yuma good morning.  Today is the day for the repair man to come out and sure enough at 9 o'clock I got a message he was on his way.  Great, because if he finishes by 11 o'clock I can get out of here and not pay for another night.

JB, the repair man got here before 10 and went right to work digging through the water panel and getting it removed so he could see the problem.  Sure enough I had a huge crack in the gray side of the "Y" pipe on the outside of the valve, so only leaks when I open the valve.  Thank goodness for that.  At least I am keeping it in.  Just can't empty it without flooding the ground.

JB was done and off with $120 of my money by a little after 11 o'clock.  The office will come up with an estimate to get the job done and give me a call for the go ahead in about two days and then once approved order the "Y" pipe and stuff.  This could be another three days.

After he left, we finished packing and Nick led the way to Nancy's house in the Jeep about 18 miles east of the park to Vail.  She has a beautiful place and with us parked in her drive we have a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.




After unpacking, we laid outside and rested for awhile and then had lunch.  After lunch we decided to explore a little of the ravine behind Nancy's house.  It was rough terrain until we hit the railroad tracks.  We then walked the road along the tracks for awhile.  Found a Saguaro close enough to walk to, so Nick got to touch his first one.  Also, Yuma managed to find and chase a rabbit, but the rabbit was too fast for him.😀






We got back around 4 o'clock and I started working on the Dish for tonight's Gold Rush.  With all my attempts and effort I could not pick up the channels, so at 7 o'clock when the show was over I quit trying for today.  I have an idea that I will try tomorrow.  I can catch up with Gold Rush next week.  I HOPE!

Working on my blog now and may have a little dinner but still pretty full from lunch so may just have dessert. 😃  It is such a beautiful evening with 66 degrees and calm winds we may just lay outside for awhile before bed time and search for shooting stars.  Nick saw one last night. Tomorrow we plan to climb Mt Lemmon in the Jeep.  Goes up 9000 feet so we'll need to take a jacket.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you'll get your tank fixed without it taking too long. It was very nice of Nancy to let you boys hang out there. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. I'm glad the rabbits are a lot faster than Yuma! Have fun on your jeep ride up Mt. Lemmkn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. Me too. I'll be glad when it is done. I think Nick will enjoy the drive to Mt Lemmon.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the leak but it does not look like you and Nick will suffer to much staying in Nancy's driveway...😎 We have found that those unexpected twist and turns end up being the most fun. Enjoy your stay. Great pictures of today's hike every time I see your grandson my first thought is you two are making such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I'm sure all will turn out for the better. I've never spent much time exploring g this area so looking forward to the stay

      Delete
  3. Gosh, I'm not sure which way you went to get there, but my place is only 5 miles from the fairgrounds. I think Nick took you the scenic route!! LOL. Hope you got some sleep ... I forgot to mention the trains. Mount Lemmon is fabulous! Get a cookie at the Cookie Place ... they are the size of a dinner plate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're right. It's 6 miles and a 13 minute drive. My estimate was off 😜 We're heading to Mt Lemmon today and I love the sounds of a slow moving train. No whistle though. As you know it's very quiet here.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you'll get your water problems fixed before going too far. How convenient that Nancy's place is so close, what a great spot to stay!
    Enjoy the wait time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. Good time to explore the Tucson area.

      Delete
  5. Ver nice place you're hanging out! Boy that was expensive to have the guy come out..hoping the rest won't be too bad. Can't wait to see pics of your drive to Mt Lemmon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Haven't had too much experience with repairmen. Don't know if that is reasonable or not, but I did like the young man. We had a great road trip today.

      Delete
  6. WOW, that is a costly repair job for plumber piping which does not cost very much at all. I busted my black and grey trying to get into Arny's (brother-in-law) house back in 2013. Arny is VERY HANDY and we got the material and fixed on the spot (after I hosed down the mess a few times) and it cost me like $25 and a few 38 packs of Bud-lite. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is just for the drive out and the inspection to determine the problem and next is the estimate for the cost to fix. It's going to get worse I'm sure :( I wish Amy were here :)

      Delete