Thursday, February 24, 2022

A lazy day

 It was very cold in the White Lion last night.  Got down to 34 and it felt like it.  Tonight will be another cold night, but I'm going to crack a few windows and leave the propane heat on for part of the night.

Got up at 7 this morning and turned on the heat so when I got up at 9 o'clock it would be warm.  The sun is out in full force and when I stepped outside I was surprised how nice it felt in the sun with little wind.

My brother Richard texted me this morning to tell me his son Jonathon was diagnosed with Covid 19.  He is a strong, so should not have any problems.

I just couldn't get excited about going anywhere today, so we just laid in the sun and relaxed all morning into the early afternoon.  I did manage to get my bedroom all cleaned and even made the bed. 😄  Did what little dishes we had too.

It was 3:30 when Nick and I sat down for a game of chess.  This was the best game we have played.  A lot of strategy went on and it felt like Putin against Ukraine.  All it took was one mistake by Ukraine and Putin swooped in for the kill. 💥  I mean checkmate!

Had dinner at 5:30, consisting of cheeseburgers and chips and that is our day.  Although it makes for boring posts, I do enjoy these relaxing days.  I think my clock is winding down a tad.


Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset pictures! I certainly hope your chess matches don't get as blood thirsty as the Russian invasion of Ukraine! Always nice to have a relaxing day. Hopefully, it will be warmer tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good chess games! I have a feeling the old wizard is getting the best of the young buck😂.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a good game of chess to keep your mind going!! Gorgeous sunset pics!! Hopefully the cold will pass soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping we get some warmth. Our mornings are the same but with no wind wow nice for walks.
    Sounds like a great relaxing day.
    Sorry to hear about your nephew. Hope it doesn't last long.

    ReplyDelete