Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Day of rest and Chess

 Slept in till 9:30 and didn't get up until after 10 this morning.  Really didn't have anything planned for the day, so we were moving slowly.  Oh yes, welcome to Twosday, 22-2-22! 😀

Wind again this morning and temps are lower.  Fortunately, the sun peeked from the clouds most of the time so lying around outside was comfortable.  

A few weeks ago, Dolly mentioned Nick wanted to play Chess.  He is a beginner and I'm an old pro who hasn't touched the game in more years than I can remember.  So, when in Walmart the last time, I bought a cheap set thinking the day may come when we would give it a try.  Today, is that day! 😊

The old man vs. the kid with Yuma laughing in the background.
Won't say who won, but it was a battle to the last play piece and maybe someone let the old man win, and maybe not. 😁 Anyway, it was fun and we're going to try to get a game in as often as possible.

At 3, we decided to head into Olsens Grocery for needed supplies.  Very nice store with everything we needed.  Going to get down below 40 tonight and calling for rain tomorrow morning, so we wanted to get that out of the way.

Cheeseburgers for dinner tonight and watching Creed II to finish the evening before dessert and bed.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a good day. I can't blame Yuma for snickering at the big chess battle. Tomorrow will be cool and wet from the sound of it. Hope it's not too windy there. More chess games in the futures, it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also thought chess would be an ok road game and picked up a magnetic set for in the RV. We so suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, I never even figured out checkers let alone chess. You guys must be a couple wizards. Your right about Olsens Grocery. I always liked that store too. Have you guys been buzzed by any A-10 Warthogs yet or heard that double boom from an F-18 Eagle breaking the sound barrier over the Barry Goldwater range? There's generally lots of action in the northwest night sky there with fighter pilots training. If you see strange yellow lights in the night sky they are not UFO's they are flares ejected from the dueling planes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A game I tried a few times, but it never stuck. Great way to pass the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother tried to teach me chess as a teen but checkers was bad enough with him. I've love to have him beside me again teaching me. ♥ He spent too much time thinking about each move. So never learned chess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was 12 my older brother was 19 and he challenged me to play 6 games at a time. I won 4, tied 1, lost 1...he would not play me again for over 10 years, at which I beat him three times in a row and he won't play me again. I too have not played for many, many years, except for a computer now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the picture looks like Yuma is popping out of the curtain saying SUPRISE !!!!!
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ken plays chess but never clicked with me! I'm lucky if I can figure out checkers. I like the picture of you and Nick playing chess. Special memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you heard from your friends Tom & Deb? I haven't seen their blog for the past 3 weeks. Just wondering if they are ok.

    ReplyDelete