Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Rain and cold equal laundry day

 This morning the clouds rolled in and we didn't get out of bed till 10 o'clock.  We knew this was going to be a bad weather day, so planned to do laundry today.  Now, don't go back and check when we last did laundry. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Had a long leisurely breakfast indoors and it started raining before noon.  Just off and on.  We picked an off time around 2 and headed to town with months of dirty laundry in the top down Jeep.  Very cool today with a low of 34 tonight.  They have a very nice laundromat here and it is not busy at all.  Only complaint is there are a lot of broken down machines so we are lucky no one is here.



We had so many loads that I lost count, but we finally got done around 4 and by this time the rain was gone and the sun was peeking out.  

We folded everything and put them up and decided to play a game of chess before dinner.  Same results as yesterday, but we're both getting a little sharper. ๐Ÿ˜€  

As we were playing I kept wondering why I didn't have two sets of bed linen, so after the game I texted Dolly to ask if she had given me two sets and she said "yes".  Now I'm wondering if I left some laundry at the laundromat. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ  

So, off I go to check to see if I had left a load behind.  Sure enough, when I went in, there was a lady there, and I asked if there was any laundry in a washer or dryer and she said "yes". ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜€  I had left a load of clothes in a dryer and they were still there.  Now I have two sets of bed linens and a lot more clothes I would have surely missed at some point.

Nick didn't feel like dinner, but I was famished.  Had a steak and potatoes.  Time to finish this short post, have dessert and make my bed for tonight.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Brrrr it's been chilly. Glad you got your clothes and sheets back! Perfect day for laundry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad I figured out I was short sheeted! I'm hoping the cool weather is done now and we can enjoy the outdoors.

      Delete
  2. Ha! When I first started reading I was thinking when's the last time laundry was mentioned๐Ÿคฃ. Good to have it done in sure. Great you broke the chess board out and using it! Hopefully better weather tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took us awhile to get started, but glad we did. We're enjoying the afternoon games. Weather is looking up starting today.

      Delete
  3. Gee, down to 34° last night. That sounds like winter time.๐Ÿ˜ƒ Glad you got laundry caught up and all collected. Good to have the chess board on rainy days. Hopefully, today is warmer with some sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I don't catch a cold from this cold and rainy weather. Yes, we were down to the last of the sorta clean clothes for sure. Warm is coming fast. Be 80 here in a few days :))

      Delete
  4. Glad you didn't have to far to go to pick up your bedding and clothes LOL. Seems it's been awhile since laundry was mentioned. LOL. Cool here too! 11 feels like 6 this morning brrr...high of 40. Spring is just around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. We could have been doing laundry on the way out of town and that would have been unfortunate. I think cold is a relative term. Felt like 6 to me too. :)

      Delete
  5. So will this laundry trip be the last one of the season? Hmmm...I see one more laundry day in your future. At 8am it was 25 degrees. That's very cold for us! Elva

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the next laundry will be done at home. :) My, 25 is cold. Glad it didn't snow. Looking at the forecast it will be in the mid 70s by Monday and looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete