Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Metal Sculptures of Anza Borrego Desert

 Felt very tired this morning even getting up at 9:30.  Yuma could hear a dog playing and barking nearby, so out we went.  Two vehicles had come in late yesterday and Yuma ran over to meet his new neighbor, Milly.  She is a one year old very active and playful pup.  The two had a great time.  Her owner is from Quebec and the gentleman in the other vehicle is from Tennessee.


It is going to be a very warm day with a high of 85.  Already 72.  After breakfast, Nick went for a 7 mile run and I went for a one hour leisure in the lounger 😁.

It was 1 o'clock and we headed back into Borrego Springs to view sculptures.  Here is a link giving details as to how they happened to be in the desert around the town.  There are many so I will only present a few of them.

















I still wasn't feeling up to par so we called it a day at 3 o'clock and headed for home to just enjoy the afternoon warmth.  

Ate dinner at 5:30 and thinking maybe food would make me feel better, I stuffed myself with two pork chops, a grilled potato and half can of kernel corn.
It hit the spot and now I can't wait for my pudding and three Oreo cookies dipped in whipped cream for dessert 😋😋.  Watching a little of the Olympics before hitting the sack.  

Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. Do you and Nick have a favorite? I never tire of the Borrego Sheep and often am the only visitor to there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both like the dragon the best and the Jeep is a close second. They are all great sculptures.

      Delete
  2. Always enjoy seeing the amazing metal sculptures around Borrego Springs.The man that does them is a wonderful artist. I'm glad Yuma found a new friend Hopefully, you'll be recovered by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are neat. Couldn't leave the area without seeing some of the many around here. Yuma likes to meet doggie friends.

      Delete
  3. Yup the dragon has always been my favorite!!! Congrats Nick. They say if you can run 9, you can do a half marathon. Don't believe them ..... keep going until you are at least at ten before the race!!! I did eleven my first time and almost died the last two miles!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick will pick it up before his race in November. Starting early I guess 😁.

      Delete
  4. All the sculptures are awesome but love the dragon! Hope you feel better dad. That's a long run out in that heat for Nick. Hope he's staying hydrated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling back to normal. Think I got dehydrated hiking for the snake and the fall. The dragon is neat.

      Delete
  5. I have a hard time picking a favorite sculpture.
    I do like the man and horse, planning for gold, the Jeep (where we got stuck and pulled out by a Jeep!) and the tire of grape pickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of beautiful sculptures and hard to pick favorites. Now that was a story! Getting stuck there and having a Jeep pull you out 😄

      Delete
  6. Thank you Rajani. Checked out your posts and find them enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed the tour of the sculptures. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Barney. Since I'm not an artist this is the best I could do.

      Delete